Monday, February 11, 2013

Nuchal Translucency Scan & A Surprise

Just some quick B pics from the nuchal translucency scan today. It was fairly painless, everything looked ok, and we'll get the results in 2 weeks. The ultrasound tech said B was really active and BPM was at 162. S/he was measuring at 13 weeks and a few days, a little larger than the age I'd thought (just 13 weeks) but from everything I've read, the most accurate measurement is before 12 weeks so we're still shooting for a 8/20 due date.

This one's my favorite. Look at that button nose!!


I think B looks so much like Bill in this profile 
And... not that the tech offered but we did not find out the gender. In fact, we have decided to keep it a surprise! Since all of you know me, you know how much I like to be prepared, but honestly I'm actually really liking the idea of this. Blue is my favorite color so even if it's a girl I totally wouldn't hesitate to put her in some blue and slap a bow on or something and most of the baby items I've settled on are either black or green anyways. Plus, what's another 6 months, especially to have that absolutely amazing surprise at the end.

Oh and we also decided on some names and they are perfect! It makes me really excited for either a boy or a girl. Of course, we just want a happy, healthy baby and either way, B will be so loved and spoiled, not to mention pretty darn cool considering who his/her Mom and Dad (and Aunts and Grandparents) are.

1 comment :