Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Calling All Stovetop Recipes

Did I mention our oven doesn't work? It hasn't proved to be a huge problem just yet but the timing isn't as ideal as say summer, when I loathe to turn on the oven. I also decided to forgo my Christmas request of a crockpot for the less practical, but oh-so-fun oyster knife and glove (this was a pre-baby discovery request- they currently sit sadly unopened in a kitchen drawer). So I'm pretty much limited to stovetop and microwave... and ordering in, though since I anticipate that being the route of choice in the immediate post-baby future I'm trying not to exhaust it too much now.

So I've made my turkey chili, short ribs, pasta, meatballs, every kind of stovetop breakfast food, and still have a good list of lovely meals yet to make like risotto, some tagines, a stew or 2 and good ol' favorites like chicken cutlets and pork chops... but I need more! Any  great soup, stew, delicious one-pot meals. Also anything I can utilize the microwave for? "Baking" potatoes, etc? Y'all are all fantastic cooks and/or busy ladies and moms. I want to keep it as homemade as possible and anything where I can get in some great nutrients for B is a plus. I'm already salivating over this Luisa recipe I just saw, and can easily substitute (yucky) feta for some ricotta salata (please be available pasteurized!) and anything like this is perfect! So please email, comment, anything and everything you love to make on a stovetop (or microwave)!

And, as most of you know, we are soon to be renovating the kitchen- so hopefully in a few short months I'll be working at full capacity again. Another fun adventure I'm getting really excited about as I already know this is a room B will be spending lots of time with me in.

4 comments :

  1. Pastas....Fish skillet dishes..stir frys....those come to mind first :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally taking your idea T and making Aji de Gallina. I don't think Bill's had Peruvian food and I need to start feeding this baby some South American meals!

    ReplyDelete