Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Introducing B... For Baby!

I figured this would be a good place to minimize the mass emails of pictures, info on B and just whatever else that comes with having a baby that people write about. This blog is limited to just family and close friends because it already kind of creeps me out to over-share on other outlets, not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not for me.

But this is about B so let's talk about him/her. B is short for baby, nothing else at this point. I'm still trying to be a little stealth about my status at work so this just cuts down on someone looking over at my computer and seeing "baby" everywhere. Maybe a little silly, but I like it.
Baby's first picture- 1/18/13
B is 12 weeks almost exactly today (or yesterday, or tomorrow) which is according to my previous ultrasound when s/he was measured and both my doctors said that the CTR measure was the most accurate at this stage. It also happens to fit with the dates that made the most sense to me. B's the size of a fig or a key lime or some other small, round, cute fruit at this point and is developing reflexes, possibly right this very moment. S/he was very active at the ultrasound I had yesterday, kicking a lot and seemed to move when I laughed but maybe that's just my imagination. The heartbeat was strong and fast and always floors me to get that verification that there's this whole other being inside me. It's both completely amazing and also slightly Alien-ish.
One week later, one new doctor, and the correct due date.
Baby measures CTR at 10 weeks exactly here- 1/23/13
Close up
I also switched doctors- which maybe I'll make into it's own post or I can just explain briefly here. But basically the doctor I've loved as a gynecologist didn't make me feel great when I saw her as an obstetrician. She gave what I knew was an incorrect due date, then seemed flippant about it, an issue that my Mom ironically went through when she was pregnant with me (and my Mom is an RN!). Oh and both Dr. and the hospital I'd be delivering at were an hour away. Fail. So I did some doctor shopping, found my new doctor who made me feel great from the get-go, actually saw her measure the baby, took the time to let me see as much as I could and explained as much as possible. As of visit #2 yesterday I'm still sold and feel very confident in her. So long story short, don't be afraid to shop around.
Eyes!
B's just chilling here, a second later he started kicking up a storm. 
Here B is full on staring at the camera.
It's crazy how much difference 13 days makes!
2/5/13
Next up is the nuchal translucency scan on 2/11/13. B will be almost 13 weeks (give or take) and I'm of course excited to see him/her a little more in depth but also scared because every appointment is a little scary, but especially this one. There are so many things that are completely out of my control at this point, but every scary thing I get through now is one less later on, right? My doctor's been great for testing everything possible- and explaining what she's testing and why- which is just what I need. So until then I'm thinking happy thoughts and wondering if B will cooperate so we can maybe get an idea if B's a he or a she. Just the positive here.

No comments :

Post a Comment