It's a new month so this means we can reset, right? Well, first things first... we have a brand new, amazing, Moen brushed nickel appliance bathroom!!! And seeing how our little mango came down with a bad viral infection late last week, it was all just in time to spend tons of time with her in the steam to help clear her lungs.
 |
| The shower curtain is in the way but the tub is re-glazed too. |
 |
| The problem with having a custom designed bathroom now is that I don't want to move. |
 |
| Poor babycakes :( |
 |
| I love this photo. She's probably about to yawn, but it looks like she's gasping over some crazy turn of events in the book. Like, "OMG what sound will Mr. Brown make next?!? " gasp. |
 |
| Watching Jeter's last Yankees home game together. |
All happening simultaneously with her yucky cold, Mo got 3 teeth in and a 4th looks like it'll poke through any day now. Just like Dr. Gallagher predicted, she got them all at once. Poor sweetheart, but at least she can still ham it up when I break out the camera.
Last weekend was pretty low key. We went out for an al fresco brunch and discovered this little place,
Skal, right down the street from us. It's crazy how out-of-touch I've been with our vibrant little hood. I do try to keep up with the LES and all around lower Manhattan but if it's not baby friendly, or wasn't a favorite haunt pre-baby, chances are we'll never make it there and that makes me a little sad. I know it's all part of having a child but it also sort of softens the blow of the inevitable suburb move. And speaking of that, Bill is painting the bedroom this weekend and talking to his buddy about putting the place on the market. Everything beyond that is so up in the air it's not worth mentioning at this point.
 |
| This pic is for Uncle Chris- a BIG Neil Diamond fan |
 |
| At the park swings after brunch |
Bill went to the Syracuse v. Notre Dame game on Saturday night and Mo and I had another nice girls night in. Sunday was just errands and frantically trying to find Mo's Jets jersey (it's disappeared!).
 |
| It's a little sad that she's started playing more and more independently. I mean, it's great for her growth, but I miss her "needing" us to be involved. I still totally butt in on her playtime though. |
 |
| My 'Cuse baby! |
 |
| Our Jets jersey substitute, and the only onesie Mo is allowed to wear that Bill got from his baby shower (for good reason!). I love this onesie though! |
Mango's classroom at school is being painted so for this week her class is in with the 2's class. And boy, is she popular with those 2 year old girls! This morning I dropped her off and she was bombarded with a couple little girls coming over and wanting to play immediately. It was super cute. No new real words, but tons of baby babble, and she's now shaking her head "no", usually when we ask her a question. I'm trying to teach her "yes" too. Clapping, pointing, bringing us "stuff" (cell phones, shoes, toys, she especially LOVES my flip flops) Dada, Mama and Yea are all everyday staples.
 |
| Eating some stroopwafels that my coworker brought back from her trip to Europe. |
 |
| And some pretty flowers Bill brought home to me to brighten up my day/month. It's been a tough one and I need all the sunshine I can get. |
Upcoming:
- Playdate tonight with Amaya and Aviva
- Jaz's 1st Birthday is this Saturday!
- Getting ready for Texas. It'll be high 80s so we're packing swimsuits. Who knows.
- Just booked our car and hotel for ACL!
- And one of my reps just got us tickets to the Texas State Fair for the Sunday we're in Dallas! I haven't been since college, but it was always tons of fun!
Think...Baron Springs.
ReplyDelete