Well this was a whirlwind trip. And really, since we spend the first 2/3 of it in San Antonio and the last 1/3 in Dallas it was really more like two trips in one. It was so great though. Some family friends who I hadn't seen in years came down for Teresa and Chris' shindig and were able to meet Bill and Moira. The party was a roaring success, Moira and Tavie were able to hang a little, I hung out with an old childhood friend and her family, there was great food and the drinks were flowing, and everyone had a really good time.
 |
| I think we've perfected the travel system. I was able to get all this through security all by myself! Her stroller/carseat travel system was a dream, so light and yet easy to put together and break down. |
 |
| You'll notice I'm not holding Moira... I got in trouble for that later. |
 |
| Moira and Tavie (my Mom's friends' granddaughter) |
 |
| Uhoh Mommy... Moira got a little jealous here |
It was also so nice to just hang out in San Antonio. Bill and I got in both a date night and also a movie date. My parents spent some quality time with Mo and she had a blast hanging with them and checking out the dogs.
 |
| Mo and I in a BIG chair. Part of an art installation at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens. |
 |
| Someone's trying to drink Daddy's beer! |
 |
| The Botanical Gardens also had a Lego installation. Those are Lego Buffalo, very cool! |
 |
| And Mo is a climber! She will climb on basically anything, navigated this rock climb at the local playground, was up and down my parents' staircase and was even moving objects so she could climb to reach things. This could be interesting as she gets older. |
 |
| This is the face of Mango success! She navigated the whole play unit all by herself, no help from Mom or Dad. She's close to the finish line (aka the slide) and she knows it! |
 |
| My Dad came home with a Mango from Eddie Bauer. |
 |
| A giant Lego bumblebee scaring my Mango :( Actually she was just mad at Mama because I pulled her away from the Lego table. |
 |
| Mo meets a kitty at dinner |
 |
| Nothing like a cold beer out on the deck after a long day. |
Bill and I also went to ACL on Sunday. It was the perfect day, after a few days of rain before: 70s, sunny and not a cloud in the sky. We saw Gaslight Anthem, The Replacements, Lorde... from afar and the 1st hour of Pearl Jam (the allergies from being out in a field combined with the dude chain smoking right in front of me finally won out and I made Bill leave... he must really love me!).
It's so nice being able to go home. There are always changes but nothing too drastic since I'm there often enough (as opposed to my 3 year absence from Dallas and coming back to a city I barely recognized). I really hope we're able to get down there at least twice a year and hopefully even after Mo starts school it'd be great for her to spend some time in the summer there too.
Next up: the Dallas portion of the trip.
No comments :
Post a Comment