Well, last week absolutely sucked. This week I'm stuck in a haze of moving forward. How to deal with grief around my child who's too young to understand has also created a bit of a conundrum for me, but Bill has assured me that Moira is a strong little girl too and she can deal with her Mama shedding a few tears. I just also found out that my agency did a massive round of layoffs today and yesterday too. My job is safe, as safe as anything can be in advertising, but it's still a blow. I've both been laid off and survived other rounds before so I know as well as anyone that your job in the business can live or die as accounts come and go and unfortunately (and even with my accounts thriving) we've had some major blows this year. Having a child now, it just adds that extra fun layer of scary, but I do really good work here and my bosses know that so I feel as secure as I guess you can.
Tonight Bill is at the Yankee game so I'm letting Mo and I have a girls' night. Takeout and girly movies, provided I can get the DVD player to work, otherwise we'll just watch Amelie again. She's now walking everywhere, and quite the climber. At the party we went to this past weekend for Amaya at another nearby playroom she was up and down the little fort, standing on chairs (and giving her Mama a heart attack), climbing up on the baby table and all over the slides. She still loves to be held though, and I had a stern talking to from my masseuse this past weekend that I shouldn't be bending over to pick her up but squatting, so I'm trying to do that as much as possible.
 |
| Can't remember if I posted these or not. Our Tom Petty show selfie |
 |
| Gaslight Anthem in Jersey |
 |
| Tom Petty |
 |
| My favorite, Jimmy Eat World :) |
It's almost 2 weeks until we go to Texas and I'm really looking forward to that. We have my sister's Texas wedding party (she doesn't like us referring to it as a reception but I'm really not sure what else to call it, haha) on Saturday, Bill and I are heading to ACL for the day on Sunday, then that next weekend we're in Dallas visiting Brenda and her family and Bill gets to experience his first SMU tailgate (I told him to be sure to breakout his seersuckers and polo and be sure to pop the collar). He also gets to experience the flat flat Texas landscape that is the drive from SA to Dallas, that I used to do all the time in my Dallas days.
 |
| Mo and JJ took a trip on the Thomas train while we were at the concert! |
 |
| Just a cute outfit day |
 |
| My beautiful day at some North Fork wineries |
 |
| We have a favorite girly movie... and it's Amelie! |
 |
| Mango selfie! |
 |
| I think this Mango wants us to host a game night again soon |
 |
| My wine week birthday lunch. Happy Birthday to me! |
 |
| A little small... but the thought is there |
I'm also brainstorming what Moira should be for Halloween. I typically hate the tutu look (and the big bow look isn't my thing either) but there's something that seems really adorable as her in a pumpkin tutu dress (along
these lines for for goodness sake, not for $90!). That, or going with my original pre-baby plan which was to have my kid dress as Chewbacca while I dressed up as Princess Leia (and Bill would be a perfect Hans Solo, in my opinion, but I'm not going to be the one to convince him to dress up). She also already owns a cowboy hat and baby Frye boots so a cowgirl might be the obvious and economical choice. Now that she's walking, and clearly more aware of her surrondings than she was last Halloween, I kind of want to go all out.
 |
| Early last week |
 |
| Later last week |
 |
| Yesterday! |
Upcoming
- I might go home tonight to a completely finished bathroom! Bill just sent word that they're 98% done. Next step- I guess putting the apt on the market... but I'm hoping we can wait until after Texas. I need a break!
- Spin on Thursday, lunch with Robin on Friday and hopefully doing nothing this weekend except enjoying this beautiful fall weather.
- Texas on 10/10-10/20. I can't wait! BBQ, ACL, beautiful Texas fall weather, Ponies, best friends, etc!
- Nov gets busy, my sis comes up on the 14th and we're going to the Rural Alberta Advantage show. The next weekend we're going up to Boston and the week after that is Thanksgiving.
- Just booked our tickets to Florida for Christmas.
No comments :
Post a Comment