Thursday, October 30, 2014

What's New with Mango: Halloween Edition

You guys... I am so excited for Halloween! Way more excited than Moira, though hopefully once she experiences it for herself she'll understand. She has such an amazing day planned between school and Mama and I am psyched! I'll have to remember to clean out my photos on my iPhone so I have lots of space for super cuteness.
This past weekend was pretty crazy. On Saturday we went to Home Depot to get bedroom painting supplies and Bill immersed himself in that. Then Sunday while Bill was at the Jets game we decided to hit up a Trick or Treat at the South Street Seaport with Melissa and Jaz before heading over to Luke's party at Gymboree. I was initially on the fence about attending because Moira had been so sick earlier that week but in the end I was so glad we went. She had a BLAST and was able to get out a ton of energy playing with everyone. I had fun with all the parents too, it's so nice to have found a good group of parents and kids and I hope we can do more with them in the future.
Silly Mango!
Jaz gave her a kiss. She wasn't really feeling it.
In Moira news she is amazing, of course. But she's also running. Loves to be chased by Mama and loves to explore. She is also a master climber! Will climb on anything and everything if she has a chance (was OBSESSED with stairs at my parents and Brenda's house). Will also throw mini tantrums when we won't let her have her way, or most often, won't let her have something she shouldn't. Will now shrug up her hands when I ask her something she doesn't know, like "Where is Daddy" when he's in the next room and she can't see him. She is also understanding commands, like "bring Mama a book."

She definitely knows what she likes, but she's still curious about everything. I was eating a salad last night and even though she kept spitting out the lettuce pieces that I gave her, was still convinced there was something better for her in the bowl. She's still a good eater (we were sharing sushi at Luke's party) but I don't push too much if she doesn't like something, per her pediatrician. She's also extremely stubborn and assertive. At the party she had these balls that she would. not. let. go. of. Period. But she still climbed and crawled and slid on everything with them and she made it work. No way was she dropping those balls (until she was distracted by some maracas) and woe to anyone who tried to take them. She also did not want to leave. Gymboree is 2 levels, with the gym part in the basement and she kept walking over to the door after we were getting ready to leave and wanting to go down again. We'll definitely have to do something like that again!
So. Many. Toys!

What is he doing?!
Having fun with Elena.
Hanging with Alex.

Right before the parachute. I wish I have gotten pics of that. She was the first kid to go running under it, having a blast! That's my kid, the pioneer!
Still got em'.
She FINALLY let go of the balls. I love the kid that's hording the maracas.


Just chillin'.
Def not gonna let those balls go! Not even on the birthday cake slide!



Here comes the birthday boy!

Persistent. That's a good trait, right?
OMG, tubes with Jaz!
She's just such a cool kid. I know she's my own but I really think she's fascinating. So smart and happy and strong. And she loves Bill and I fiercely. I LOVE picking her up from school and that moment when she sees me, breaks into a smile and runs over to the gate. That makes my day.

So I summed this up earlier, but this Friday her school is having a Halloween parade down the block (another great thing about not being in busy Times Square area anymore), then I'm picking her up early to go trick or treating at Trinity Church. Her class was also having a party where parents were invited but unfortunately we'll miss it. After Trinity we're doing the Friday music class at Deanne and Ollie's, then heading back home to pass out candy at the apt while the NYC Village Parade is on in the background. I jsut need to find Halloween candy becasue our local grocery store (NOT a health food store) doesn't carry it. What's up with that?
Not entirely sure what to do with the pumpkin. Soccer?
Pumpkin yoga!
Bill will be at Voodoo Fest in New Orleans until Sunday night so Mo and I have a whole weekend to do whatever we'd like so I might try to plan some last minute playdates or see what fun fall activities are going on in the neighborhood. Hoping the weather's nice so we can at least get out!
Future soccer player?

No comments :

Post a Comment