Today was Moira's 1 month pediatrician appointment. I can't believe it's already been a month but it also feels like no time at all. She was 8 lbs, 14 oz and 22 inches long! Dr. Gallagher said everything looked great, her head control was very good but also that she wasn't too stiff (a concern apparently) and that she was very strong. The Dr confirmed that Moira should be smiling soon and this morning as I was snapping some pictures for her birth announcement I noticed the beginnings of a smile, a Mona Lisa level smile if you will. We don't go back until 2 months, when Moira gets her first round of shots (major sad face).
.JPG) |
| Big stretch! |
.JPG) |
| These 2! |
I have also succumbed to my over-organizing self and set up a HRP Mama's lunch meet-up for next week, since these 10am meetings just aren't working for us (and do no other mom's like to sleep in a little?!?). Of course the minute I took the reins tons of Moms chimed in that they'd love a lunch meet-up so already we should have a good crew and can hopefully make this a weekly get together.
.JPG) |
| Cupcake and the Hux |
.JPG) |
| Loving our new outfit from Tia Linda! |
This weekend we may have a few friends over, but hopefully I can just relax and fully recuperate from this yucky cold thing that's been hanging around. There's also the last weekend for
Fete Paradiso out at Governors Island, so if we're feeling especially ambitious we might do that. For those who don't know it's a collection of vintage French carnival rides from the late 19th and early 20th century that have been brought back to life and are able to be ridden on. If the weather holds up it could be a fun and very unique experience. If not though, then a nice walk around the neighborhood and maybe grabbing some food somewhere might be excitement enough for us.
.JPG) |
Someones got some great head control already!
Mommy's also got herself a beer! |
.JPG) |
| Daily adventure walk. Right near the Williamsburg bridge here. |
It also helped to give me my idea for Moira's 1st birthday party theme (yes, did I mention I was an over-organizing fool?). I found some really cute decorations on a wedding website of all places (no, the theme isn't "wedding") that were on major sale, and combined with the theme for her monthly pictures (yes, I'm going to be one of the Mom's that does those pics...), I basically have the whole party all planned out already, so we can relax for the next 11 months.
.JPG)
.JPG)
I've also been taking pictures for her birth announcement that Teresa is putting together for the past week and today's pictures were the best I've included a preview below of one of our favorites, the Mona Lisa smile. We're also going on more and more ambitious walks... to Whole Foods the other day, and I've got some other places in mind before the weather gets too cold. Oh, I'm also down 20 pounds and as of yesterday fit into my pre-maternity jeans! And I haven't even started hard-core exercising again yet! Otherwise, not much going on over here, just enjoying our little sunshine baby who's growing more alert every day!
Upcoming:
- Inaugural Friday lunch, organized by moi. And possibly a standing weekly date if it's successful.
- Grandma and Grandpa McKinney drive up from Florida to hang with Miss Moira next week!
- Aunt Teresa comes that weekend after!
- Hopefully I'll be booking some yoga and core classes to take with the lil' Miss... cannot WAIT for that!
- Cooking up a storm with my slow cooker. This past week was chili and sticky chicken thighs. Up next, some BBQ baby back ribs, braised short ribs, and some yummy stews to ring in this cooler weather.
- Somewhere in there a datenight with Bill? We've already got the place in mind!
- And OMG I've been craving sushi like no other. So maybe a sushi excursion with the Miss?
No comments :
Post a Comment