Meet Moira Christine McKinney. Born Thursday, August 29th at 10:04 pm after about 23 hours of active labor (27 hours since my water broke). She is 7 pounds, 10 ounces, a little over 20 inches long and such an Irish beauty. I can't tell if her hair is going to end up being red, but it's at least auburn right now just like her Daddy's, which I actually had a dream about a week before that I had a little girl who's hair was the same color as Bill's... so maybe there is something to pregnancy dreams.
 |
| With her Aunt, Teresa Christine! |
We're still navigating through the first few days of everyone getting to know each other, but she already has such a personality! So many expressions and preferences. She was discharged from the hospital last Saturday with flying colors, and was above and beyond meeting expectations at her first pediatrician appointment this past Tuesday. Her Dr. was pretty impressed with her head control and how strong she was. She's also already gained back almost all of her birth weight, which is great for being less then a week old at the time.



I personally went through some pretty intense mood swings (commonly known as the baby blues) the first few days. I have such an even keel personality normally that the highs and lows were something out of left field. I think mostly it was from my family leaving and Bill going back to work and here I was, with a baby, and navigating my own new normal. With a ton of great support from Bill, my family and friends, as well as some sleep and a good diet, I'm back to my normal emotional levels. And this stay at home mom thing isn't so bad and I've started relishing in the accomplishments I can get done in a day (showering! taking out the trash! doing laundry! getting outside!) without Moira or I having a meltdown. And the tears are completely gone now, though it's kind of crazy how such a little person makes you have to think and plan out normal things, like running to the pharmacy to grab a prescription or getting to the pediatrician just a few blocks away, hours in advance.
 |
| A brand new family |
I've also been composing Moira's birth story in my head and soon I'll get it down, but it was just such an intense and beautiful experience that it'll probably take a little while. Until then, we're enjoying every second of the beautiful little miracle.
No comments :
Post a Comment