Friday, September 13, 2013

Moira: Week 2!

We've officially survived 15 days of  baby, Mama and Daddyhood. It's been a lot of sleep deprivation, some frustration over the Moira guessing game (hungry? fussy? wet?), lots of sweet little baby coos, baby expressions, some really good naps together and a lot of falling in love. My favorite parts of the day are in the morning, right after she's fed and is just taking in the world (while I enjoy a strong cup of coffee) and in the evening. On the nice days Moria and I will meet Bill outside when he's coming home from work, we'll chat about our days, Moira will get some sun and we'll just enjoy the park.
Last week Moira discovered her ears, and this week I think her hands have discovered each other. Her personality is coming out even more with each day, she's very assertive but also super sweet. I love to catch her looking at me with her giant deep sea blue eyes and her long lashes. She's a champ at tummy time and already making crawling movements with her legs. She can lift one eyebrow, just like her Mama and also do the Elvis lip smirk, just like her Mama and her Grandma. Not sure if she'll have my dimple yet though.
Babywearing by the East River while Bill runs
Nipple confusion with Daddy
Moira and I making some scones and biscuits this week
Last Saturday we had Bill's family over and Moira had a great time being fawned over. It was also the longest amount of time she went solely on the bottle and took it like a champ (from Bill and her cousin Colleen). She also met her Aunt and namesake Chrissie, her cousin Charlie, her cousin JJ, his parents Jimmy and Katie, her Great-Aunt Joanie, and the Bill's best friend, Mike, and his wife Amanda, who're pregnant with a little girl, came by later too. It was great to see Charlie, Moira and JJ all together too. Next summer we'll all be vacationing in the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee for a week and it'll be amazing to see all the little ones interacting.
Moira's first Jets game... and WIN!!!
On Tuesday we also had another adventure and met up with my friend Melissa over in Tribeca for lunch. Moira was great the whole time, only starting to stir in the carrier towards the last leg of the bus ride home, but I was a bit of an anxious mess. But we did it and I was proud enough of that. Today we have our 2 week pediatrician appointment, so if the weather cooperates we'll have a nice stroll there and back.
How nervous do I look?
Bill's Mom comes into town this Sunday for a week, which'll be so nice! While it is getting easier to get things done with Moira, it still takes a lot of thought and planning in some cases. And when she eats I'm basically tied down, though I'm starting to get a good pumping stash going so outings will be easier. But it'll be great for her to get to know her Grandma McKinney and also for an extra pair of hands for Bill and I, not to mention someone who's not a newborn to talk to during the day.
Awesome Metallica onesie for our little badass!
Upcoming:
  • Pediatrician appointment today. Very curious how much she's grown!
  • Moira's bows get in next week so I'll snap some nice pictures and her Aunt Teresa is designing her birth announcement. Very excited how that will turn out. 
  • The weather is starting to turn a little more autumn-esque, my favorite season. It'll be interesting to see how much of my pre-maternity clothes I can fit back into (fingers crossed for a few pairs of jeans).
  • Also thinking about fall pumpkin patches and apple orchards... probably more fun next year, but we will have to carve a pumpkin for Moira and Bill and I might indulge in some spiked apple cider.
  • Bill's Mom got Moira some great little sun dresses and clothes for next spring/summer/fall and gave me the idea to shop some sales for her, which I've been having some fun doing. I love having a girl to dress!
This about sums up Mommyhood

No comments :

Post a Comment