Ok... seriously baby, this is getting kind of ridiculous. I can't tell you how anxious and excited your Dad and I are to meet you, but you've also got Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, a fur-brother, your Great-Grandma and a ton of cousins and friends who are dying to meet you too! Plus, you have an awesome nursery, a (mostly) sparkling clean apartment and a beautifully redone kitchen all waiting for you! Anytime you want, you are more than welcome to come out!
.JPG) |
| Can you tell I'm ready? |
And here I am at 41 weeks. I both expected this and didn't. I love that our little mango has waited patiently for everything to be done, but now with the kitchen 99% done and everything else you can possibly imagine in the getting ready for baby realm completed... I'm so ready to not be pregnant anymore. And we have a date! An end date at least if the little one doesn't decide to come before. For now we're keeping that to just immediate family, but we've got email announcements all ready to go. My sister actually does all the birth announcements for Ringling Bros. circus baby elephants, so she's the pro we've assigned that task to.
I had a non stress test last Friday (they track the baby's heartbeat and also my contractions for 20 minutes) and also yesterday. Baby was very active, I had a few minor contractions going on too both days. My Dr then measured the baby, both Friday and Monday mango was measuring strong between 7 and 8 pounds. And fluid was good on Friday but had definitely and noticeably decreased on Monday, though still above where it needs to be. So Dr. Kecia and I decided to set an induction date, just to play it safe.

In other news Bill and I had an amazing date night last Saturday at Frankie's 570. I've also been cooking and baking up a storm since the kitchen has been fully functional since last Friday. It feels so good to get back to doing what I love and I have a feeling, even once mango finally comes, I'll be anxious to cook as soon as possible afterwards. So far I've made pulled pork, cheddar grits, homemade buttermilk pie-my favorite, tasty breakfast sandwiches, a ham, cheddar and snap pea quiche, tonight I'm making a homemade pizza and if I'm still here tomorrow it'll be a summer veggie risotto. And basically that's it... just the calm before the wonderful and exciting storm that is baby!
 |
Doing a lot of walking along the river while Bill goes for runs.
I can't wait to be doing this with mango too. |
 |
| Not exactly homemade but inaugural baking! |
.JPG) |
| Buttermilk pie!!! I only make this pie once a year and figured this was the time to do it. |
.JPG) |
| And our beautiful kitchen that made all this delicious food possible. Almost done! |
Upcoming;
No comments :
Post a Comment