Yes friends. Here I am at 40 weeks. Mango is busy bouncing around and being his/her active little self but otherwise, nothing. And I'm here, bouncing on my birth ball and being an extreme hypochondriac over every little cramp or feeling of discomfort. And that's pretty much it. Just back to the fun waiting game.
 |
Wearing the maternity dress I never got to wear while pregnant. Maybe my date-night attire for this weekend... provided we make it there with no Mango appearance |
Last Wednesday I met up with my friend Melissa and some other Mama's for one last HRP Mama luncheon before the baby came. It was really nice to meet some new girls, to see some brand new babies, and just to chat about Mommy stuff. I can't wait to start doing playdates, even if Mango can't exactly "play" and meet up to do some fun things like Baby Matinees and Mommy and Me Yoga.

Last Friday we had a baby appointment with Dr. Kecia that went really well. Mango was super active, but also super shy when it came to picture time. She measured the baby and determined Mango must be around 6 lbs 6 oz... while Dr. Nyein last week said 7 lbs 10 oz. Who knows. So long as baby is healthy that's all that matters to us. She said that I was still not dilated and Mango was not engaged yet... so I have been bouncing away on my ball. She was also on board with all my birth plan requests (namely that we delay the cord cutting) and also said that she would prefer we wait out the baby naturally which I am totally on board with. She said so long as my fluid levels continue to look good and the baby remains active we could go for another 2 weeks past today! Kind of crazy to think about that... it just seems SO far away. But a little fun to think there might be not only another Virgo in our family but another September birthday too.
.JPG) |
| Our shy baby (but such a cutie!) |
We've nested like crazy the past weekend too. So far the crib is all set up, the bassinet for the stroller has been cleaned, we've washed all the baby clothes and they've been organized by size, we set aside a little basket full of toys and a shelf for books (books lower than toys... priorities here). Diapers, creams, blankets, burp bibs, etc all organized in caddies in each room, and also ready for my diaper bag.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
And we just keep on waiting. I'm so curious who Mango will favor. I think I can see a lot of Bill in the rare glimpses of the baby, but there's some of me as well. I figured the baby would have my dark hair, but hopefully get Bill's blue eyes, though I had a dream a few nights ago that we had a little girl and she had the same light brown, almost reddish hair that Bill has. What I think would be absolutely wild was if Mango came out with a head full of blond hair, just like Bill had when he was little. I can't imagine me with a little blondie at all, but regardless this baby will be cute as a button no matter who s/he favors.
.JPG) |
| Me as a baby- 1 week old |
.JPG) |
| Bill as a baby |
Upcoming:
- Contractors are putting in the counters this Thursday, and hopefully installing the sink, dishwasher and microwave too! After that it's just the finishing touches (crown molding, backsplash, etc). I'm running out of things to nest, so having a few days to focus on the kitchen will be great for my crazy nesting brain.
- Trying to fit in another lunch with Melissa, just to get out of the house on the nice days. Otherwise, I've really enjoyed reading in our private park in the afternoons.
- Dr Kecia didn't want to see me again until this Friday, so next baby appointment is then.
- One more date night with Bill this weekend... his pick. I'm thinking I may also treat myself to a glass of wine too.
So excited for you friend. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteThank you Robin! Hopefully next time you hear from me it'll be to announce someone's arrival... Though I'm not holding my breath.
ReplyDelete