Alrighty! We've made it this far, we can definitely make it another 2 weeks (or maybe a little bit more). As you can see in the picture below, the walls are nicely painted, there's an accent wall you can't see that's now done as well and the baseboards are about half done. All painting was supposed to be done yesterday... but what's another day when you're on a very tight deadline, right? BUT... once that's done, they can take all the covers off the floors, (hopefully) clean them, put the living room furniture (that's currently piled in our kitchen) back, install the appliances (currently in our living room room) in the kitchen and then start working on the backsplash tile while we wait for the new cabinet doors and counters. If we can get that far, then I can have this baby.
| Here I am all ready with my diaper bag (isn't that so chic?) and a brand new teething necklace (from Vintage Honey Shop)... just need the background to look a little more... done. |
But the good news is that while we've both had our moments of frustration, Bill and I have not cracked! And even the Hux seems much happier now that the weather is better. He's staked out his own little spot in front of the bedroom window and it's hilarious to watch the breeze blow through his fur while he just sits there in complete contentment. On that note... this weather is perfect and I'm praying it holds this way for the rest of the summer. It's perfect baby strolling (or wearing) weather and I want to have lots of days like that with B and Bill.
| Enjoying the view |
On a fun note, last weekend Bill and I hung out with his extended family. We went over to his Aunt's house and met his Great-Aunt, his other Aunt and Uncle and 2 out of 3 of his cousins. We also got to spend some quality time with little Charlie! Everyone in his family is just so lovely and nice and it's so good to know that we have a support system here in the NYC too. We also had numerous offers to babysit, so hopefully date nights won't completely be a thing of the past for Bill and I. But it's so nice to see how wonderful and tight-knit Bill's family is and makes me so happy that mango will be surrounded by amazing family members on all sides.
| Our accent wall! |
| The stainless steel appliances! And the living room furniture pile behind that. I can't wait to look at the pictures in the future and just laugh |
Upcoming:
- Tomorrow is my last day at work! I'll be "working from home" but really, my bosses agreed that besides client stuff, my coverage on all other things will officially begin on Thursday. Not going to argue with that!
- I'm doing one last HRP Mama's dinner before I'm actually a Mama on Wednesday. Should be fun and celebratory and I didn't have to organize a thing this time!
- I'm getting a hair cut on Thursday and treating myself to a fancy pedicure on Friday... to help me relax and feel a little pampered before life is completely turned upside-down.
- Bill and I are taking our Baby Essentials class on Thursday night. Hopefully I'll feel a lot more comfortable with the day-to-day baby stuff (diaper changes, bathing, etc) then I do now.
- Friday is a Dr. visit and Bill gets to go! Hopefully mango isn't hiding so much this time.


Love the pictures of your mom and grandmother! Now where's the flip book you keep promising?
ReplyDeleteHaha... it's not done until the baby comes!!!
ReplyDelete