Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I Spoke Too Soon...

In realist me fashion, I spoke too soon about the renovations. Last night I skipped yoga, since I had a pretty full schedule this week and came home early... to find a completely different home then the one I left that morning! The living room furniture back up, 2/4 of the kitchen appliances installed, and almost most importantly, so much of the that dust just gone. And not just the kitchen and living room, we had a near sparkling bathroom too. Baseboards were all painted and I just couldn't stop squealing with joy as I walked around the apartment. Even the glass on the coffee table and the mirror in the bathroom were all wiped down and nearly free of any trace of the dust that had been ever present in our lives the past few weeks.



It's all coming together. I can't tell you what a HUGE sigh of relief this is for Bill and I. While the kitchen still needs appliances fully installed, new cabinet doors, the backsplash done, handles and knobs installed, the counter put in, and finally, the sink and faucet fitted... it's all relatively minor in the grand scheme. We could even start organizing everything in the cabinets now too. And if mango decided to debut in the near future, as I told Bill last night it's not ideal, but it definitely wouldn't be the end of the world.

And all this happened just in time for me to work from home. So now I can start on getting all the baby stuff out of the foyer closet, set up and organized! It's all falling into place here and it's such a good feeling!
Naturally I was up with the sunrise this morning, so snapped this picture of our gorgeous view.
I'm sure there will be many mornings to come when I'm up this early too.

No comments :

Post a Comment