Tuesday, August 13, 2013

39 Weeks!

Well, here we are. Just one more week to go, though if we're going off the doctors prediction it could be a little longer than that. It was a long busy week leading into to where I am now, sitting on our couch, dressed in comfy clothes and working from home. That's finally here too, thank goodness. I couldn't imagine having to head into work these days and I must've been going off pure adrenaline towards the end there. Now all we need are these renovations to be complete and for mango to get here.
39 weeks- 8/13/13
Another pre-maternity dress I never actually wore pre-maternity
The patience part is especially hard, especially since I have all day to sit around and fiddle with getting things ready. I feel kind of like I did when Bill and I first started dating, antsy and giddy for the day to actually come, then nervous as the hours counted down till we'd see each other. But this time, I don't have a date... a definite one at least. It could be today. At any moment. Or it could be 2 weeks from now. I'm so excited to meet our baby, to bond and become a family of 3 (plus Hux), to introduce him or her to our world, to all the people who love this little one so much already. But I wake up on quiet weekends like this past one and also want to just savor those moments, just Bill and I doing whatever we feel like doing. Having it just be the same old normal. Because it'll be so different so soon.

This past weekend Bill and I nested like crazy. We got the bassinet/pack 'n play up and into the bedroom, did a major scrub of the apartment, and then organized as much as we could into the cabinets, as well as around the apt. There's still a ways to go with the renovations... and being home now on days when workers don't come by is especially frustrating, but at least we're in a good place to introduce the mango to the home. If the rest has to happen with a baby around, so be it. And maybe it'll be a good excuse for us to get out of the apartment too those first days.
Mango's first bed. David's just keeping it warm for now.
We also had a doctors appointment last Saturday (actually last Friday but Dr. Kecia had to run to the hospital). So I saw Dr. Nyein again (the amnio pusher from my 15 week appointment). He was actually very nice this time, and I was a little nervous about this appointment as I knew I'd get a progress check too. Fluid levels were good, baby was measuring big, around 7 pounds, 10 oz- but ultrasound dating at this point could be off by a whole pound. At this point mango isn't expected to put on much more weight than an ounce or 2, and I actually lost 2 lbs from my last appointment to this one. And as far as progress goes, there's nothing yet. So mango wants to cook a little longer, which is just fine with us. Dr. Nyein even mentioned a couple times that it's no big deal to go beyond my due date. He did say the baby was very low though, but from what he could tell I'd have an easy labor... always nice to hear, especially when all the baby blogs say I have a watermelon inside me. The cherry on top of this good appointment though was that Dr. Kecia is approved to deliver at our hospital now! So it's all falling into place, right in time.
Hux the lion
Friday was a long day too, starting with taking Hux for his very first grooming appointment. Being a medium haired kitty, his fur tends to shed like crazy in the summer, getting everywhere. Even frequent brushing can't keep up. With the baby, and all the baby stuff we wanted to cut down on that as much as possible. I'd also been noticing him hanging out directly in front of the open window or fan, so I also assumed he must be pretty miserable. And he's been laying around in all the dust with the renovations. We figured a bath and a shave would do him good. Besides him looking pretty ridiculous, and being pretty terrified that first day, he seems fine now. Definitely not something I'll be jumping to do again anytime soon, but maybe in the heat of the summer.
I also treated myself to a relaxing pedicure and had a custom blend color put on. A pinkish-purple... a good mix for either a boy or a girl. Throughout my pregnancy I kept remembering visiting my cousin in the hospital when she had her daughter 8 years ago (also the last time I saw a baby that newborn) and she showed off her pink toes, something she did special since it'd be one of the first things the baby saw. So I wanted to do the same for mango. Thursday I also got a hair cut, since I'm not sure when my next cut will come (though the girls at the salon made me promise to bring in the baby, haha). So beauty maintenance is done for now.

Upcoming:

  • Baby? 
  • My parents are currently in Kentucky, enjoying the bourbon trail and slowly making their way to NYC.
  • I'm doing yoga tonight, just trying to keep up my normal routine and tomorrow I have an HRP Mama's lunch- the last before I'm actually a Mama.
  • If there's no baby by this weekend I'm hoping I'll feel up to a date night with Bill.

No comments :

Post a Comment