B is technically not so little anymore. This week s/he should be 17 to 19 inches long and between 4 1/2 and 5 lbs! And I feel that, trust me. Baby is still very active, especially when I'm up in the middle of the night, making it harder to get some sleep. Mango can possibly tell day from night now, as the uterine walls are thinner and more light can penetrate. Also, B has developed his/her own immune system now, which along with my antibodies will help protect him/her from mild infections.
| 33 weeks- 7/2/13 (also Aunt Teresa's birthday!) |
![]() |
| Can you believe this is only part of the group?!? Summer 2013 Mama's group- aka B's future playdates |
On Saturday Bill and I toured the hospital where I'll give birth, along with our doula Lori. I was so pleasantly surprised with how open they were to just creating the best possible birth experience for the whole family. They encouraged Mom's to bring in any birthing props they needed, to wear whatever they felt most comfortable in, were a small hospital and said they didn't push women to birth within a certain time frame (at least unless the Doctor said they needed to), had huge labor and delivery rooms, a level 2 NICU (good if there are any complications) and had nice private rooms that are reasonably priced where Bill can stay over with me. The woman giving the tour also happens to be one of the 3 lactation consultants they have on call and she said there was no need to bring any props (boppy, pump, etc) as the hospital provides everything. I loved how small, quiet and intimate it felt (a real plus in NYC), it was clean and secure without feeling like a prison and of course, just 10 minutes away from our apartment by cab/car service.
| Thanks to Instagram/social media- I also discovered a fun new app called Over! |
| I wanted to make some fun captions of Bill and I along with other family members to put near the baby's bassinet in the hospital so B could be surrounded by everyone who loves him/her. |
| Here's Hux being a goofball |
And speaking of renovations... it's a dusty mess. We're trying to stay out of the apartment as much as possible and when we need to be home, are holed up in the bedroom. I worry a little about the dust that's covering everything and seriously considering having a post renovation cleaning service come in once it's all done. The tile has arrived, though we're still waiting on the grout (grrr) and painting starts early next week.
Since our kitchen is MIA there won't be any what we eat... unless a lot of takeout counts. And this Friday I have my 33 week appt and since Bill and I are both off he'll be going as well. For the holiday we're heading over to my friend Preethi's rooftop for a BBQ, plan to see lots of movies and then visit with Bill's sister, husband and son Charlie, aka Mango's future bodyguard, when they make a quick stop in town. Happy 4th of July y'all!
![]() |
| I love this photo so thought I'd end on this note- 30 years ago today I was meeting my new little sister, Teresa! |


I DEFINITELY recommend a post-renovation pro cleaning. It made me feel so much better about moving in! Of course, we also probably had asbestos to worry about.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yeah, I think that's something we'll definitely need. Of course the quotes I'm seeing are ridic (naturally, they're Manhattan prices) but I'm pretty sold- so just need to find something that doesn't cost $1000+ (I'm not kidding with that price).
ReplyDeleteEnjoy so much all you write in your posts. Think it is wonderful that you are involved with a Mama's networking group to share with each other.
ReplyDeleteSo impressed that you are keeping up with all of little B's growth and development as well as your changes. And you are not even in the medical field!
ReplyDeleteHave enjoyed reading your blog as I await the arrival of first grandchild!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mom & Dad! The Internet makes baby progress so easy to follow along with (though love the baby books as well).
ReplyDelete