My goodness! It's been a busy past week and looking like it's not going to slow down anytime soon. I'll try to recap all the interesting parts but no promises with this pregnancy brain.
.JPG) |
| 6/25/2013 |
On Friday I had another Dr. appointment. Mango is doing really well! We saw eyes open and close (it was a little weird, I'll be honest), saw baby breathe, and took measurements. B is staying right on target with the due date and is approximately 3.9 pounds, in the 60th percentile for the age! It's hard to believe it's only a couple more pounds and then baby is done cooking. So close. On the not so exciting news, B is back in the transverse position, but in the opposite direction this time. Dr. Kecia wasn't as concerned this time around because she said at least we knew that baby was still moving around so s/he still has time to get back into position. I feel B all the time now, and big kicks and rolls, so I'm staying positive. I also lost a little weight, and blood pressure was a tad higher than what it has been, but nothing to be concerned with.
.JPG) |
Not sure you can see the face. There's a little nose, mouth and eyes.
And of course, hands up near the face the whole time!
|
Bill was away in Boston for a quick last minute trip this past weekend so I had brunch with my Mama friend Kim, then took care of some business at Home Depot. That's right, kitchen renovations are under way! It was a little scary to come home last night, but man, these guys did a lot in a day! The bad news.. already... is that our cabinets and our grout aren't expected to arrive before July 15. Since we're already having issues with delivery, we've decided to go ahead and order everything else now. Since I already factored in a 2 week delay to their 4-week completion timeline I'm not feeling entirely stressed yet. And as Bill said last night, at least they're getting the painting and demolition done now, so all the bad stuff in the air will be long gone once B arrives, even if everything else isn't entirely done... though I'm praying it's done by August 5th.
.JPG) |
| Our hallway, getting ready for some new paint |
.JPG) |
| And believe it or not, this is our kitchen after demolition day 1! |
Tonight is finally the HRP Mama's dinner that I organized. There'll be approximately 29 ladies! 29 very pregnant women all in one spot... we'll definitely have to get some pictures! I chose a fancy Tribeca pizza place,
American Flatbread, and so far they've been very accommodating and pleasant with taking the reservation and setting up for us so I'm hoping the night goes off without a hitch!
 |
My summer look. Another Japanese Weekend top that got me
tons of compliments last Friday! |
I also grabbed a gently used
Beco Gemini from another HRP Mama! I know I said I was set with the
Boba Air and the
Sakura Bloom Ring Sling, but the Gemini was calling me and for an amazing deal, I couldn't pass it up. I love that it allows baby to be carried 4 different ways and it's plush and warm, perfect for winter commuting. I find it hilarious that I'm already a full-blown babywearing Mama and mango isn't even here yet. I just can't wait to hold the little one close to me for the first time.
In other big news, I was only following online but
Wendy Davis made me so proud to be a Texan last night! To paraphrase my sister, it's refreshing to know that there are moderate voices left in Texas. And just a few moments ago, word came down that
DOMA was struck down in the supreme court! I'm not the most politically savvy person out there, but Bill and I are very much on the same page and have watched as government officials continue to say and do these ridiculous things that undermine basic human rights, leading me to wonder where this country, especially my home state, is headed. As a woman I've been particularly prickly about those issues and now even more so, as a mother-to-be, so it makes me ecstatic to see some progress happening as well. I want this world to be a better place for both my child, not to revert back to 20+ years ago, with regards to women's and gay rights. Now if only we can do something about gun control!
This weekend Bill's parents are in town so we'll have dinner with them at some point. Saturday is also our hospital tour at NY Downtown and our Doula, Lori, is joining us as well, so it'll be exciting to see her again and for her and Bill to meet. Hopefully the weather breaks soon too... these mid 80, low 90 humid days are a little too soon for this 8 month pregnant mama!
What We Eat: This week I made a huge pot of this
black-eyed pea and chorizo soup from the Homesick Texan. I used Spanish chorizo instead of mexican since that what I had on hand though and threw in some leftover rotisserie chicken to make it extra hearty. And of course, froze some back for maternity leave lunches. Even with the heat, it wasn't too heavy and chock full of good nutrients.
Love what you wrote, you said it so well. Exciting about you kitchen improvements, can't wait till they are finished,bet you and Bill will be counting the days. And it will be count down for little mango to arrive soon.
ReplyDeleteFrom Grandmommy: Alicia I think your kitchen will be lovely with the colors you have chosen. You will enjoy it so. I am so happy to be to be having another great grandchild! You are a beautiful pregnant mama. Love you
Thank you! To you and Grandmommy both!
ReplyDeleteMom: Bill and I are definitely counting the days:( At least they're getting a lot done every day- I'd be more concerned if nothing seemed to be happening. It'll be so nice in the end though.
Grandmommy: Thank you! I'll have to send along lots of pictures once it's all done. And lots of baby pictures too once the little one gets here too. Love you too!