| 34 weeks on 7/9/13 You can see all the fun renovations going on around me |
We had a baby appointment last Friday, with Bill in attendance too since we both had the day off. Guess who's back to being head down again?!? Dr. Kecia says by the next appointment if B is still in that position we should be good to go. B is the size of a butternut squash, weighing in at approx 4.4 pounds. We (well, I did at least) saw the lips moving (baby talk?) and while I'm still not gaining any weight the Dr. wasn't concerned. My blood pressure is higher than normal but still definitely within a normal range. B can now recognize simple songs (according to the pregnancy websites at least) so I've tried to play some favorite tunes of ours. I've also realized how poor my recollection of any lullabies was too... so I need to memorize some good ones quick!
| One ok baby pic. B was being smushed by the placenta here though. |
Last night we also had our meet and greet with the pediatrician, Dr. Mindy Gallagher from Tribeca Pediatrics. We both came away liking her and the philosophy of the practice in general. They are very open to different parenting styles but will definitely give their advice and opinions when asked. They also aren't so quick to medicate, focusing first on finding other holistic ways to help the issue, which is something I like now (though you can ask me this again the first time B gets sick). They have a great support system, with classes for everything from breastfeeding to support groups for new Moms and Dads to classes to discuss various toddler and older kiddo issues too. Additionally, contacting and communicating seemed to be a seamless process there. We're actually taking their Infant CPR and Baby Essentials class through them. And the best part, they're right down the street from us.
Upcoming:
- A quiet weekend for us. My Mom's birthday is on Friday and Teresa and I got her a really cute gift (I can't say now since I know she's all over this blog).
- Cabinets arrive on Friday, appliances sometime next week. Other than that I'm totally over these renovations.
- Our infant CPR class is on Monday. They'll also go over car seat and traveling safety, something I'm especially curious about, living in NYC without a car.
- Getting ready for our BABYMOON!!!! I've been looking forward to this for months now and cannot wait to rock my maternity tankini out in the ocean, eat some delicious seafood, see Bon Jovi with Bill and his sister, and of course, relax, enjoy the scenery and have fun with Bill on our last vacation before becoming parents.
Glad you liked the movie...dad and Ana saw it and both said it was a good thing I stayed home for that one.
ReplyDeleteProbably a good idea. Didn't seem like your cup of tea.
ReplyDelete