Third trimester is no joke. I easily have days where crawling out of bed is a challenge, where I burst into tears for next to no reason, where I'll be in the middle of a sentence and pregnancy brain kicks in and I completely forget what I'm talking about, and where at the end of a long day I'm so physically tired I feel like I've run a marathon, but I'm not mentally tired at all. But through all of that, there's so much good that's going on and that I'm so thankful for: the sporadic bursts of energy I still get, that I can still do my job every day and then go home and cook (though take-out is becoming a more frequent dinner choice) or just hang out with Bill, that both B and I are healthy, happy. But enough about that, let's see what else has been going on.
 |
| Taken 6/4/2013 at 29 weeks exactly |
Mango has been moving consistently. It's funny, when Bill is working until midnight or later I'll usually wake up when he gets home and I've noticed B wakes up too! The kicks and punches are getting stronger, but nothing that hurts and I can tell that B is still moving around (yay!) but I definitely still feel him/her a lot in that transverse position. Yesterday at work B must've been vertical because I would get a big kick if I tried to bend over to look at anything on my desk or even if I slouched. I love B's assertive personality at this point (though probably will think twice about that when we get to the toddler years).
Last Thursday was the
Big City Mom's Biggest Baby Shower and it was an exhausting blast! All the booths were a mix of interesting and informative. I fell a little more in love with the
UPPABaby Mesa (though still not the price) and thankfully for my wallet it's still looking like it won't be released in time for Mango's debut. If we had a car and/or would be using the car portion more often it may be a different story, but for the sporadic car trips we plan to take in the next year I just can't justify the price tag ($280). And just like I'd heard, the gift bags were insane! Easily worth the cost of admission ($125) and then some. We received baby clothes, baby food, tons of bottles, tons of toys, some baby hygiene products and lots of other little miscellaneous things. And for my grab-bag prize I received a Skip Hop Diaper bag, though unfortunately it's not my style so I giving it away to another Mama.
.JPG) |
A sweet treat to keep our energy levels up
at the Biggest Baby Shower! |
On Sunday I met with a Brooklyn Mama-to-be who I'd been communicating with for a while and she was super sweet, so hopefully we'll be getting together again soon. I also am organizing another Mama's get-together for late June and already 20 mama's have rsvp'd! I think my biggest challenge will be to find a place that can reserve a table for us all. And I know I've said it before but it's so funny how much my managerial and leadership qualities I utilize in the workplace have come out outside of work since getting pregnant. Meeting up with complete strangers without knowing anyone is something shy little me would totally stress about and now I don't even give it a second thought. It's just funny to reflect on.
.jpeg) |
Cheeseburger date night last Saturday with Bill!
Loving my summer maternity wardrobe! |
We are also finally starting our renovations, beginning with painting our
James and The Giant Peach-esque walls (why the former owner chose that particular color for nearly the entire apartment, including the ceiling, is beyond me). It's a little stressful, but I know the end result will be just wonderful and totally worth all the stress and expense. I love our place, despite the little (and big) touch-ups that we're taking care of and I can't wait to introduce the newest member of our family to their beautiful first home.
Upcoming:
June Prenatal Yoga Thursday at a new place with my friend Melissa
29 week Dr appt this Friday (and maybe a 3/4D picture!)
Pampering Day Saturday while Bill's in LA for the Spike Guy's Choice Awards
You look great.
ReplyDelete