My weeks can't seem to settle down. Bill got back in from LA late Sunday night, jet-lagged and sunburnt and I think I caught some sympathy symptoms because I was dragging all week. I also over-extended myself just a bit too and ended up working from home on Friday, which was so needed I'm contemplating doing it every week. B is moving constantly now, with powerful movements that'll wake me up, though don't hurt at all. It still feels like s/he's in the right position but sometimes I just can't tell.
.JPG) |
Don't I look exhausted? Just preparation for what's to come...
30 weeks- 6/11/2013 |
Monday night I had a dinner with some of my LA reps, Wednesday I took another rep up on some tickets to a Mets game and ended up sitting 4 rows from home plate(!!!), by far the best seats I've ever had at a NYC game, Thursday was yoga night with Melissa and then Friday kicked off the 24 hours of festivities for Bill's birthday. And on top of that was a non-stop work schedule... but I'm too tired to recap that. Things are still really good at work, but keeping up with these client demands plus an active social life after work is wearing me out on a daily basis. Luckily I have a great team working for me so it's helped me to delegate more than I usually would, but enough to befit someone of my level.
 |
| I love my job... and the perks:) |
As far as the mango goes, there's not much on that front besides the big kicks and turning last week. My prenatal yoga instructor is really good about keeping me in positions that'll keep B in the right place and I've been doing some positions at home too. Bill's also been talking to his Dad friends (to clarify- friends of his who are dads) and getting lots of advice on that front and it's awesome see him take such an interest in everything from labor and the role our Doula will play in assisting us to sleep schedules and coming home with baby book recommendations. He loves to feel my belly whenever B is active and is constantly kissing it and talking to the baby. Last night he tried listening to my belly too, to hear the baby. It's just so magical to watch this bond of love form and melts my heart constantly.
And speaking of Bill, someone has a birthday today! Since he's also out at a zoo wedding tonight (don't ask, haha) we decided to celebrate last night and since I worked from home all day I was able to spend way too much time getting ready. I actually managed to shimmy myself into a sexy little black dress that was pre-maternity, but for decency sake I paired it with some capri leggings. Of course I rocked some 5" stiletto platform heels too and figured that alone justified getting a car service to take me to dinner. It was all worth it, to have a fun night out on the town that'll be few and far between in a couple months. We ate at
Frankie's 570, a fantastic Italian joint that is one of Bill's favorite restaurants.
.JPG) |
Bill's birthday date night!
6/14/2013 |
In other big news, we signed the contract for the apartment renovations on Friday. So it's happening! I'm a little scared for what the next few weeks hold but also so excited for the end result! It's a great investment in not only the apartment but also the future for Bill, B and I.
Upcoming:
Tuesday- Another baseball game, but this time with the Yankees. For as much as I want to do everything now while I still can, I also can't over do it anymore, so I'm playing this one by ear
Friday- 31 week Dr. appt. Fingers crossed that B is still head down
Next Wednesday- HRP Mama's 3Q13 dinner that I'm hosting! As of now there are 27 (!!!) ladies rsvp'd but I also managed to snag a great venue and my friend Melissa will be helping me too
June 29th- Doula meeting between myself, Bill and Lori Rose, my Doula. We're also touring the hospital too!
No comments :
Post a Comment