The outlook isn't great. He's 11, and apparently bladder obstructions like this happen much more commonly in younger male cats, not older ones. They think it might be covering a bigger issue (kidney stones, cancer, heart failure, kidney failure) but they won't know until until they've cleared the obstruction and flushed out his system. Or he could be totally fine and bounce back. Having grown up with pets where we've had to make tough decisions like these, I've always known that I wouldn't do anything to prolong his life if he's in pain, or facing operations at his age, it's not fair to him or to us. And just from the sucky financial side, even unobstructing him is pretty costly, and this really couldn't have come at a worse time when we're trying to get our finances in a happy place to be ready to move.
Bill's really supportive though. It's a family decision and he thought that we should at least try to make him better, and I really appreciate that. If there are worse underlying problems then we can go from there, but there's also the chance that he's fine and it's just the stress from the renovations or pent up baby frustration especially now that Moira's at her most mobile yet. It's worth a try at least.
I wanted to also include some happy pictures from this past weekend, but I'm just not really feeling like those belong here, so I'll save that for later. We'll know more about Hux's condition later today. He's been with me for 11 years, from Houston (the only place my procurer could find a fluffy gray kitty exactly to my specifications) to Dallas to New York, 8 total apartment moves, through the good times and the bad. I always called him my Littlest Love, and with the exception of Moira's first 6 months when she was smaller then him, he always has been. I hope he's ok, I really do. 11 is old but it's not that old and I'd really like a few more years.




No comments :
Post a Comment