Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Oh My Goodness... I Have a 1 Year Old!

Wow. Last week was insane. Not that I didn't had fun doing it, but next time I'm just going to order in pizza or heroes. Or if I cook anything then I'll at least take the week off, haha. But the party was so much fun! I felt like those 3 hours flew by and I didn't really get to talk to everyone nearly as much as I wanted to but everything went great, and then Mo, Bill and I passed out (literally).
My favorite girl!
Tata reading to Mango

Reading birthday cards
My parents got in Wednesday night and came over immediately and hung out with Mo and I (Bill was traveling in Chicago). It's still so weird for me to be a parent around my parents. I feel like such a little girl still around them. But they're great grandparents (and very supportive of the way Bill and I parent Mo- as are Bill's parents, which just helps to reinforce that we're doing a pretty good job here, which is always nice to know). My parents also watched Mo on Thursday while I went to work. We went to dinner Thursday at DBGB when Bill got back from Chicago and that restaurant was amazing. So baby friendly and accommodating, plus yummy food and drinks never hurt. They really "got it" that we wanted to enjoy ourselves as quickly as possible and this was a place I'll definitely go back to.








Seeing Mama off


Friday (aka Moira's actual birthday), she started off the day at her 1 year checkup with Dr. Gallagher. She's exactly where she needs to be in terms of development, is holding her weight and head percentile but fell a little with the height. All that matters is that her growth curve looks good as Dr. Gallagher pointed out, and that looked great. Then we went to her New Student Orientation at her new school down the street. That went really well. We met Miss Lauren, her head teacher, and Miss Wong, her Mandarin teacher, and she warmed up to both. Miss Lauren is a Penn State grad with a Bachelors in Human Development and is actually pursuing her Masters in Childhood Development, but she's also very warm and approachable, and Miss Wong and Moira were tight almost immediately. Both have said she's very happy, is getting along with the other kids, has been walking a little and is adjusting to the schedule (more on that later though). Moira already has homework too (which guess who is actually doing, haha).
She loves to do this whenever I'm in the kitchen. I don't look like I love it right here but I do!


After that we finished up the last of the dishes for the party and then headed out to dinner at Lupa. That was also nice, good food, great company, but I was a little disappointed by how not as baby friendly it turned out to be. Mo also was cranky from her shots so that didn't help matters either. We ended up have to hold Mo most of the time, then Bill, Bill Sr., and my Dad all took turns walking her around outside until she passed out. But still, it was so nice to have dinner with both our parents and Aunt Joanie to celebrate the birthday girl. I still love having a special birthday dinner and that's a tradition I want to have with Moira too. And as far as the restaurant goes, you can't win em all.

Our "we've been parents for 365 days" selfie
The whole gang!
Later, getting ready for bed
Saturday was a huge blur, but everything went off without a hitch so I'll just leave it to the photos. We had a great time spending time with family and friends and celebrating our beautiful little girl.











Digging in- I made a blueberry smash pie for Mo. 




This is MY smash pie here!
Playing with her toys afterwards
My girly girl LOVED her tea set!
The pies, before we dug in
Bill think she looks like her Aunt Chrissie as a baby here


Passed.Out.


And just because, here are some baby pics of me at my 1st birthday!
Mo definitely has a lot of my same baby expressions!
Sunday we stayed in most of the day (and where did this crazy heat wave come from?!?), then met up with Bill Sr., Eileen, Aunt Joanie and Col for an early dinner at the always-so-baby-friendly Bubby's in Tribeca, and finally, Mo rooted for SMU, and got more of a taste for how it feels to be a perpetually disappointed fan.




It's hard to have a favorite pic but this one is up there. I love it!


And now, peace and quiet for a little bit.  We're settling into our new school routine (MUCH better commute), Mo (and Bill and I) are getting adjusted to her moving to just 1 nap a day. She was such a great 2x a day napper that it's so hard for me to be happy with her school moving them to just 1 nap but it is what it is.

Upcoming:
  • We've ordered tile! This renovation is officially happening.
  • Working out... now that I have the time. Yoga tonight, spin tomorrow and hopefully keeping it up every week.
  • Going down to the Jersey shore next weekend (my birthday weekend!) to see Jimmy Eat World and Gaslight Anthem
  • Tom Petty on 9/16!
  • Lot's of other 1st birthday's coming up: Amaya and Jaz
  • Then we go to Texas!
  • In between then- I'm going crazy with work. Just finished a huge project that'll hold me over until... tomorrow, but it's going to get pretty insane for a while.

No comments :

Post a Comment