Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Mango Baptism

This past week was amazing! I can't imagine how it could've gone any better, but I did have a lot of help and that was key!
Thursday, Tia Teresa came into town and babysat for a little Mango while I introduced Bill to the awesomeness of The Toadies live. This was one of my favorite bands growing up, and a Texas band, who are now touring for their 20 year Rubberneck album anniversary (and yes... I'm old!). I've seen them live I think 5 or 6 times and they kill it every time, this time was no different.
Friday, Tia Teresa and I got serious about making food but managed to make some time to check out a Mediterranean lunch spot nearby and new playground right across the street that has baby swings!


Watching Tia make some deviled eggs
Saturday we were off for the baptism at St. Sebastian's in Woodside, Queens. The chapel was really lovely, the priest was great and our little Mango was happy and chatting up a storm. She didn't cry and barely blinked when he priest poured water over her. It was great being surrounded by Bill's family and my sister. Moira wore the baptism gown my Grandmother had made for me and my sisters, along with my Dad's baptism blanket. Bill went a little off book with the baptism rites but it's not like I knew the answers either ;) (these are not in order).






























After was the party, which was great. After some OCD planning on my part, and thanks to lots of great easy/quick recipes in my back pocket, I think we had enough food and it was all pretty tasty. We had:













Sunday night we went to our favorite soup Dumpling spot in Chinatown and our little Mango really behaved herself!

On Monday morning it was back to status quo... chatting with the kitty befor getting ready for school.
Upcoming:

  • Back to swim class this weekend
  • A mom from my HRP mamas is hosting a jewelry party with babies welcome to attend, so Mo and I should be going to that.
  • Bill's traveling back to Chicago next week so Mo and I get another girls' night!
  • Just getting ready for summer. I'm trying to join a CSA down the street... we'll see how that goes.
  • Lots of weddings, bridal showers, etc coming up too, starting with Tia Teresa's in just a few weeks!

No comments :

Post a Comment