Tuesday, November 15, 2016

A Few Things

A few things I forgot to mention:

  • We have a nickname for the baby! Pecan (for any southerners, that's "can" like the "Cannes Film Festival"... and yes yes I know. But Pe-cahn's are for pies, Pe-cannes are for the little munchkin growing in my belly. Also, Bill came up with the name and he insists)
  • This baby has a definite exit date. We've decided s/he must be born before hell freezes over the Inauguration, so if all else fails (evening primrose oil, dates, walking, eggplant, acupuncture, etc), I will be induced a few days after my due date
  • Mo's class focus for this week is on Friendship and Kindness... something a bit timely to cover, both post-election last week, and pre-Thanksgiving. It's tough at this age, Moira doesn't even know what a President is, or has any real concept of what happened last week, nor should she as it's not really age appropriate for her. But basic things, like kindness, acceptance, tolerance, and understanding that all people are different and that's what makes our world beautiful and unique- we're really focusing on those things. In so many ways I'm happy that she's not old enough to follow along or to be looking for an explanation but at the same time I know that she may be too young to know any better than the precedent set by the next president and that is really hard for me to accept. When she is old enough though I may take a page from Andy Borowitz.
  • And friends, family... please take care of yourselves. There are some scary things going on both near and far and I've heard some really unacceptable stories in the past week. Don't just be a bystander- if you see something, say something; don't wait for someone else/the police/our leaders to act/react. Work peacefully for the things you believe in, big and small.




No comments :

Post a Comment