Sunday, December 11, 2016

33, 34, 35, 36 & Everything in Between




Can you see the difference in that bump above? The answer is a breech baby finally putting it's head down! The past week and a half have been beyond crazed  with midwife appointments, talking about an ECV, having to do all the fun planning around that, visiting the chiropractor, starting up visits with the acupuncturist again, all in the name of getting this baby turned to avoid an ECV. And voila, it turned. I wasn't sure at all going into my appointment with the midwife but she was pretty definite when she checked and then offered to do a quick ultrasound to verify, to which I said absolutely. She put the scanner on for just a second, we saw the head was down and that was that. So now I'm all set to go with the birth center and have talked with my acupuncturist about starting up on induction acupuncture (to help get this baby out on time and avoid another hospital induction). That'll start up next week. I've also started the evening primrose oil- another thing my midwives suggested to help naturally help this baby along. Of course, at only 36 weeks I don't want this baby to come right away but anytime after say the 28th of December and we'll be ok with that.

Baby's doing good otherwise, but one of the annoying things is the midwife I saw- who I hadn't seen since the beginning of the pregnancy- kept referring to the baby in a specific gender... like numerous times. I didn't want to correct her and then see her try to backtrack and know for sure (like my last Dr did) so I'm just moving forward with the knowledge that I've got a 65% chance of knowing what the baby is. I also told Ana, since she's the only one who I told when this same exact very annoying thing happened last time with Mo too. More people need to start having surprises so these Dr's and Midwives can start being better about keeping their mouths shut. Ana has been sworn to secrecy, so no amount of bribery or alcohol should sway her (or at least it'd better not!). This baby is at least going to be a surprise to everyone else!

That last pic above at 36 weeks was taken today too. I learned this past Wednesday that my agency is moving up the launch date of their website for various reasons, and one thing it would include would be headshots, not only of senior management but of upper level management too. So, fun that I get to be included with a headshot, but really not so fun that a) I couldn't make it in the day they were doing the temp headshots and b) I'M 9 MONTHS PREGNANT... this is not a good look for anyone, much less to have as a permanent* reminder on my company's website. *There will be a professional photographer redoing the headshots in Jan or Feb but once again, I'll have to be in the office... so we'll see how that goes being less than 2 months max postpartum. I've made my boss promise to let me know when that happens though. But anyways, I squeezed myself into one of my most flattering shirts (with yoga pants, because I'm not a masochist) and instructed Bill to focus on a boobs and up pic. The results were pretty good. Like any closeup could use some retouching but I can live with it for a couple months.
Professional enough looking?
Mo is doing great. She's very excited for Christmas and then for baby (who is coming after Santa). We're doing a potluck Christmas with Bill's family complete with plastic utensils, Christmas themed paper plates and disposable serving dishes. I'm still planning to make a pie but probably just a premade crust and am letting go of some of my favorite holiday dishes like oyster dressing (had for Thanksgiving), squash casserole (can make it for Easter), and pecan pie (Bill's making a sweet potato dish that is essentially pecan pie without the crust) and am looking forward to all the yummy things everyone else is bringing. 

She's also been signed up again for ballet and we're signing her her up next weekend for swim again. And that's it. It'll be crazy enough with a new baby. 

Smelling ginger and other spices during circle time



Mo and Lily, one of her 2 bff's
Brenda also came in town last week from Switzerland and we had a great time. Basically a full day of Mommy pampering and catching up. She'll be back in NYC in April but is also going to be spending Easter at her in-laws in Austin so I think we'll try to coordinate there to meet up again. She's loving her new job and her family seems to be settling nicely in Switzerland, and she must have made an impression on Bill in describing the country because now he's floated the idea of us visiting next summer (2018). Defintiely something to look forward too. We've also been discussing next Christmas and with his boss being on maternity leave (and him being declared his clients' "go to guy"!!!) this coming summer, we may save one of his paternity leave weeks for the week before Christmas and then hit up Disney! Since you have to reserve all this princess stuff way in advance it's probably good we're planning out this far but that'll be Mo's birthday and Christmas present next year.









At a really yummy new find restaurant in Ridgefield... I love that town!
Upcoming:
  • We're headed to my mall in 30 min to see Santa and pick up some of the last minute gifts. This will be Mo's first Mall Santa. Wish us luck!
  • I may go into the office on Wednesday for a "surprise" sprinkle. My boss kinda gave that away when we last spoke.
  • Only 9 more days of work before the holiday break (and possibly my 6 month sabbatical)
  • The McKinneys and Blondins arrive on the 24th, the Lees on the 25th
  • We're planning to do the American Girl Doll (Hell) experience again on the 27th so long as I feel up to it... where we'll get Mo her own baby as a present from the real baby.
  • My parents get in on the 4th.
  • Dude, we're about to have a baby. This is getting real!

1 comment :

  1. Make sure they don't limit you to 41 weeks before induction, which most places tend to do, and try to walk, walk, walk. Honestly, the second birth tends to be much, much easier! I wish a non-eventful rapid and easy birth for you just like I had with Aurora! <3

    ReplyDelete