This past week we did some house winterizing, and right on time because the next day it snowed! We actually did an energy audit of the house and it was pretty cool how much they did (calking around the baseboards and windows, installing barriers around our front door (where lady bugs had been coming in by droves a week before- actually the reason we did the energy audit because the pest control company said that was the best way to get rid of indoor bugs), and replacing all our bulbs, even the recessed lighting, with LED. So we'll see once we get our next bill but I was pretty impressed with the level of work they did for a pretty small out of pocket price.
![]() |
| At the Halloween Walk on Saturday |
![]() |
| Pics from Mo's school parade on Friday |
![]() |
| More pics from the walk- she was pretty aggressive for being one of the little ones. |
Mo also started her swim class on Saturday and she totally ROCKED it. We were pretty impressed because that morning we'd just done the Halloween Walk in Ridgefield (where Main St shuts down and all the businesses give out candy), which was very crowded and pretty exhausting. We called it quits after an hour and the Mo fell asleep in the car driving to practise so we figured we were in for a cranky kid who did NOT want to get wet. Quite the opposite. She was so excited to get in the water, was mostly focused on the instructor, was following directions well and even had time to get chatty with some other girls. It's an all girls class of 5. That night she told me she wanted to go back to swim practise the next day.
![]() |
| Post-swim success face! |
![]() |
| My favorite picture! |
![]() |
| School buddies we've been hanging with a lot. |
We actually had a few trick or treaters at the house too, really only like 5 groups of kids but more than I had expected. Still, it was all older kids and almost all were hitting up a few houses then getting back in cars and having parents drive them further down the block then walking from house to house, so I think until Mo is much older we'll probably stick with Ridgefield Halloween.
I have another Dr's appointment this Friday. The baby was breech as of my last appointment so I've been trying out some of the spinning babies positions to encourage this little one to turn so we'll see if that worked. Mo turned at about 29-30 weeks. Yoga's also been helping with my back pain, so I'm going to keep that up too. Baby is kicking a ton, especially when I'm in the car listening to music- not sure if they're rocking out or just feeling cramped.
I'll be in the city next Wednesday for the baby shower I'm co-hosting for my friend Janet and then I'm back in the Monday after to do some charity bartending (!) at work. It's actually for our company's charity, Alzheimer's Association, and I figured I'd offer up a mocktail option with my non-alcoholic Sangria- though I might have a floater of something as an option, Bill is going to do the taste testing this weekend, but I'm thinking either Fireball, Honey Bourbon or maybe rum. If my other pregnant coworker is still in the office I'm trying to get her to join me too. After that my boss has pretty much said to just call in for the big stuff and not to push it so I'm 100% taking her lead on that! In other work related news we're hiring for the 2 open assistant positions we now have so that's been fun/interesting as always and that's really it for the major things.
Upcoming:
- A friend's twin boys birthday this weekend at the Bounce place- basically a giant trampoline gym
- Co-hosting the baby shower next week and in the city... also trying to pack in some in-person asst interviews that day too
- My sis and Georgie also come in that day! and are staying until Saturday. Did I mention my sis got an awesome new job working for the Patent and Trade Office? It's also saving her tons of time on her commute and they have in-house daycare!
- This pregnant lady is going to be bartending on the 14th!
- Then it's basically Thanksgiving!
- My best friend, Brenda, is coming to visit from Switzerland over the weekend of Dec 2-4! She's especially missing America outlet malls so I'm going to help her with that ;)
- Also the Lee-McKinney Christmas party is the 3rd I think
- Mo's twin friends and their parents- who we've become friends with- are throwing a Christmas party, complete with Santa arriving on a firetruck, either 12/10 or 12/17. I may also go to a girls night thing with the mom, Lauren on 12/8 and another school mom, Kelly
- Then Santa comes... then baby... we hope in that order :)



























No comments :
Post a Comment