![]() |
| Purple for Alzheimer's Awareness and also taking a note from two strong women I so greatly admire- Michelle Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton #togetherwerise |
![]() |
| Mo has a couple close girl friends at school but when I ask her who her BFF is, she always points to my stomach. |
As far as last week... I just can't yet. It's been hard on both me and Bill, not to mention so many of our family, friends, colleagues, acquaintances, etc, all of whom we love for their uniqueness and diversity. And there are so many questions to friends who did vote for Trump- or who I think did- that I don't think I'll ever ask, it would point blank end our relationship (perfectly said: "Not all Trump voters are racist but all of them decided that racism isn't a deal-breaker. End of story". Feel free to add in bigotry, misogyny, etc) and I'd rather put my efforts into making a positive change in the world. Nothing can be changed at this point as far as the election goes, or who anyone voted for, or didn't vote, and unfortunately we all have to live with the consequences of these actions, but that doesn't mean we have to do it lying down. Also, always always remember #whentheygolowwegohigh
We had a great, if brief, visit from Teresa, found a new awesome restaurant nearby and Mo had a great swim class on Saturday (the goggles made all the difference). I spent much of last week and the week prior doing phone and in-person interviews for our new assistants- we ended up extending two offers, with a possible third and fourth in place. Also, my friend Janet- who's baby shower we just threw last Wednesday- ended up being monitored for preeclampsia and then induced last Thurs/Fri- delivering a healthy baby boy, Aidan George (hers was a surprise too!). My boss has also been checking in to make sure I'm taking it easy, which is nice.
Upcoming:
- Staying active. We made our first donation to IRIS this weekend, I'm writing letters to my government officials, and have been chatting up my very active friend Judith on what else I can do (8 mths-9 mths-post baby pregnant)
- Housewarming at my friend Paola's new house this Friday
- Next Monday I will be doing my charity bartending thing at work- with Mediabrands top brass in attendance too. Hopefully my mocktail holiday sangria (with an optional fireball shot floater) is a hit
- Thanksgiving at Aunt Joanies! I'm making my oyster stuffing and cannot WAIT to eat some pumpkin pie
- Then Bill and I have a night in the city at Guster that Friday
- Brenda comes the next weekend...











No comments :
Post a Comment