First off, Bill is awesome! Not only did he move the guest bed down to the basement but also put together the not-so-easy-to-put-together crib. And it looks amazing! It has a bit of a shabby chic feel which I think makes it fun and warm, plus I love the bright yellow and teal colors and how they tie in the wood, carpet, etc.
 |
| The one thing I don't love is the rug. It definitely looked more bright yellow online. But for now it'll stay. |
 |
| Gender neutral baby clothes are all washed, organized and ready |
Now all we need to do is get some curtains for the basement small windows, put up the patio door curtains and I just ordered a small bedside lamp. It's actually now a pretty cool space... you can watch a movie, play some pool, have a nightcap at the bar and then head to bed... all on the same level.
And here I am at 29 weeks. One of my friends keeps commenting on my photos saying I'm having a boy so I did a side-by-side:
 |
| Notice any difference? |
Sleep is tough- I'm up every night, and when I can't go back to sleep then I'm up for a good 2 hours (thank goodness for Kindle apps for iPhones). Mo is also in our room in the middle of the night almost every night. We've tried everything short of anything too drastic, so at this point I think we'll just see if the baby being in our room drives her back into hers (which we've heard from other friends). I know she should be sleeping through the night in her own bed at this point, but it also is really nice to wake up to cuddles and sweet kisses- and I know I'll miss these days when she's 14 and can't stand to be in the same room as us.
Mo also had a bang trim, then went to music on Saturday, in addition to our redecoration and marathon house cleaning. Then Sunday we went to an Orchard. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.
 |
| Playing with Mazie- she's going on 2. Her mom Jessie is in my local Mom's group |
 |
| How does this thing work? |
 |
| Pure bliss! |
 |
| The guy barely had to bounce her for her to go up. But he could see she loved it so he ended by bouncing her REALLY high |
 |
| Windy family selfie |
 |
| And pretty impressed that I managed to waddle up this big hill to the lookout point |
 |
| Getting her apple |
 |
| It's definitely a nice place to keep in mind when it's not so windy. Would be lovely to picnic in the orchard |



Work is work these days. I'm just trying to stay on top of my clients and taskforces but in semi-good news, we're working on our Alzheimer's Awareness month schedule for the Philanthropy team that I'm co-chairing and we've got some really fun things lined up including a pre-Turkey Burn donation only Soul Cycle ride, a guest bartending event with top leadership (I may even consider throwing in for my nonalcoholic Sangria recipe... surely there are other preggos and teetotalers within the company), a post-holiday bake sale and Purple (the color for Alzheimer's) Fridays, where all ID employees come wearing something purple. My buyer and assistant just quit too (literally, last Tues and today) so that's been fun but on the bright side, I'm now a team of one and don't have to do any end-of-year reviews or worry about allocating my delegates out once I'm on leave. In more exciting news I'm also co-hosting my friend Janet's baby shower so that should be fun.
I had a midwife appt last Friday, have gained 18lbs so far, though my weight keeps weirdly fluctuating. The appt before I had lost 2 lbs from the time before that. Still, it's more than I gained with Mo so I'm thinking this one might be bigger... also just being out in the burbs vs the city does equal a lot less walking. I'm asking Bill to get me some new running shoes as a push present this time around so I can hit the treadmill and the (weather permitting) stroller walks asap afterwards. Baby is super active, loves to bounce around in the mornings and night (and is half the reason I have a hard time falling back asleep) and also right after I eat. I'm still getting heartburn but also have some pretty bad back pain, which is why I'm starting up prenatal yoga again, starting today until hopefully the end of the pregnancy.
Next up, Halloween, but our plans are still the same. Mo also has her first swim lesson next Saturday so that should be interesting.
Upcoming:
- Halloween fun: school parade and celebration on Friday, Saturday it's the Ridgefield Main St walk, Sunday there's a group of local moms having a party that I'll wait until day of to commit to and Monday it's actual Halloween- back in Ridgefield at both Mo's friend's mom's nursing home, then at the Lounsbury house.
- We have another Bounce Birthday party on 11/5 for twin boys who's Mom I'm friends with (I think Mo might have a crush on one- Chase)
- 11/9 is the baby shower I'm co-hosting and also (fingers super crossed) the last time I'm in the city
- Thanksgiving at Aunt Joanies! For some weird reason I've been totally craving pumpkin pie- though obvs not going to just whip one up for no reason for just me and Bill to eat (see above, 18lbs gained!), so I'm really looking forward to that, and seeing the Lee family as well since it's been a while!
- Guster the Saturday after Thanksgiving with Bill, John & Erin and Kev & Laura- will be really fun to have a triple date with them
- I may have another client meeting out in Jersey in December but I'm playing that WAY by ear, esp if I can just call in and save myself the 5 hr commute there and back
No comments :
Post a Comment