Ah, the first full week of October. This month is already much more calm than crazycakes September... on the work and home front. In fact, we don't have any set plans for this weekend and I love it.... though I'm thinking we should hit up one of the local farms for
pumpkins (for Mo) that has a
winery (for Bill), maybe on Saturday. It may also be where we'd go to cut down our Christmas tree, provided I'm feeling so ambitious at 8 and something months. It's so cool to live within mere miles of so many local farms. This one doesn't have apple picking but I think we may try to do that at this different
farm with a few friends the weekend after when it's a little less cloudy out.

The baby is kicking almost constantly and the heartburn has really reared it's ugly head recently. It's not so much right after I eat too, like it was with Mo, but hours after... so especially sneaky and I'm having to keep Tums on me at all times. I feel like I've also gotten super big in the past week or so, and I'm carrying pretty high too. Most predictions are that it's a girl but really, who knows. It'll be a little cutie no matter what, especially considering all the adorable little ones our family has had on both sides. I also (finally) got my gestational test done and hopefully the last time I have to go in for blood work with the lab. I've been seeing the woman who works at the lab since I was basically 5 weeks pregnant, due to all the early monitoring I had after the mc, so it's a little sad that this was the last time, but at the same time I'm not at all sad about no more blood work. She was really thoughtful and chilled the drink so it was easier to drink, and I was also one of 4 mamas to be doing the same test which was a little funny since the waiting room is pretty small and we were all making faces over how gross it tasted. I should get the results hopefully by the time I have my midwife appt this Friday.
 |
| Tastes like Sprite- if you took out the carbonation and dumped in another 6 cups of sugar. So basically pretty gross. |
Baby's room is coming together. I got a cover for the glider, have the Mamaroo all set up and have even tested it a few times with Mo using one of her babies... it's actually pretty cool. Let's hope this Tiniest Mango likes it. I also had the nursery prints framed last weekend, we just need to hang them, along with the new blackout curtains we just received (thank you Eileen and Bill Sr!). I used a local Brooklyn artist,
Kristiana Parn, who's work I've been admiring for a while. Here's the nursery as it stands now.
 |
| Just need to throw the cover in the dryer to get out the wrinkles but here's the glider set up. It's super comfy and Mo and I have already had several cuddle sessions in it. This print is called "Cherry Blossom Harvest" and goes nicely with an original by Mo that I've framed of a cherry blossom tree |
 |
| The Mamaroo- you can hook up an iPod to play music too... I think Bill will like that feature. This baby had better get ready to rock |
 |
| The diaper area... and this print is call "Unhurried Journey". The cherry blossom print on the dresser is a Moira original too :) |
 |
| Another print, called "Great Bear and Little Bear"- and also trying to make use of the furniture we already have in the room. I think the crib we are getting is close to the same color... hopefully, but if not it'll just contribute to the comfy shabby chicness of the room |
 |
| The print that'll go over the crib, it's called "You are Loved III". |
 |
| I also found this print after and couldn't resist adding to the collection. It's called "Mighty Dreams" |
We're planning to keep the pack n play in our room at least for the first few weeks. My sis is also bringing us her Rock n Play which we'll keep downstairs, as well as tons of other baby stuff George has outgrown. She is also gifting us a changer for the downstairs area, that'll eventually be yet another place to store toys later on. We also have the infant carseat we used with Mo, it'll now have held 4 babies: Charlie, Mo, Ryan and now this Tiniest Mango which is pretty cool. I was also able to get both an Uppababy Piggy Back (the board that attaches to the Vista stroller so Mo can ride along) and the 7AM Pookie Poncho (a 3-in-one car seat, stroller and carrier cover- which will be perfect for the winter months) gently used, that I'll pick up when I'm in the city on Thursday. I also keep meaning to organize Mo's old clothes and get out all her gender neutral baby clothes but that might be a project for another day at this point.
Mo is growing so much. It's funny, she barely fits into some of her 3T stuff, but can still wear a lot of her 2T clothes. She's loving dresses lately and I just (finally) used a gift card my Mom gave me to buy her some more. Ballet has been going well, I think... as she will barely elaborate when I ask. Sometimes she's such a threenager but other times she's still my cuddly baby. We're having a girls night playdate tomorrow with another Mom who's hubby is away Wednesday nights so that should be fun. We also had Jaz's party over the weekend which she just had a blast at. She tried cotton candy for the first time, got to pet a bunny and ran into Daniel Tiger. We also had fun just meandering around downtown. This is our last scheduled city excursion so it was nice to see all our city friends.
 |
| Having fun with the sights around NYC. It was nice to actually let her run free for once, instead of constantly holding my hand like I make her do in the city |
 |
| Petting the bunny- Mo was first in line. She just loves animals, it's so sweet |
 |
| She didn't know what to do with it at first and had a hard time trusting me when I told her to eat it... finally I just had to have some to show her it was actually for eating |
 |
| Our train ride back. I really hope she has some memories of this time, before there was a fourth member of the family. |
I've just loved my Mommy and Mango excursions and I really want to make it a priority to still have just Mo and me time after the baby comes. She's just so curious and full of life, it's wonderful to see what will have piqued her interest each day. Giggly, super sweet and kind but definitely with a mischievous streak. She gives the baby lots of hugs and kisses now, and I know she'll be an amazing big sister, but I also want to slow down this time and enjoy us being a family of 3 as much as possible.
 |
| Playing with her friends at school today |
Upcoming:
- Putting the nursery together- including moving the bed currently in the room down to the basement- and getting the basement guest ready for Christmas (i.e. we need curtains for the basement windows!)
- Pumpkin and apple picking the next few weekends
- Carving our pumpkin
- Mo needs to decide what she wants to be for Halloween
- Grandma and Poppa come visit!
- Bill just told me he wants to go to a Japandroids concert the Friday and Saturday of Halloween weekend- I need to see if people are trick or treating over the weekend or if they'll do it that Monday night before I give the final ok. I do miss our childfree days when I'd be right there with him somewhat but more often then not these days I'm happy to let him have the concert fun for both of us
- We are going to a Guster show (my idea!) at the Beacon with Kev, Laura, John and Erin the weekend after Thanksgiving so there's something. I know they have comfy seats so that's the only reason I signed myself up for it
- OMG Thanksgiving is coming, and then that means Christmas is right around the corner! So in Mo's world, after Santa comes then the baby comes... exciting!!!
No comments :
Post a Comment