Ah, the last week of 2nd trimester (depending on who you ask/what book you read). I'm about to say goodbye to all the "energy" I had in the 2nd trimester, presumably. Although to be honest I'm pretty impressed with how much I actually accomplished despite feeling pretty much completely depleted every evening. Having a toddler, a full time job, a house that isn't going to clean itself and my own crazy ambitions to get out and "do stuff" is apparently enough to work up some real and artificial energy- so I'm curious to see how that all translates as I just get bigger, slower, crankier and more and more ready just for this baby to come out. Oh, and during the holidays! Alright, enough complaining, let's get down to everything awesome that happened this past week.

We made it to the pumpkin farm! Mo had what I'd describe as beyond a blast there. She was basically off and running to every interesting thing to see, which luckily was a lot. This is the same farm we went to pick strawberries at and it was decked out for autumn.
 |
| No more pics Mama! |
 |
| Totally enthralled with the pig... despite it smelling like a, well, pigsty |
 |
| Mo INSISTED we go on the hay ride |
 |
| Family fun |
 |
| Mo's "cheese" face |
 |
| Chickens! |
 |
| "Alright Mama, I'll stand here next to this flower and let you take a pic but I'm not smiling" |
 |
| Happiness! |
We ended up getting a large pumpkin and 2 small "painting" pumpkins, but Bill and I also ended up feeling entirely under the weather so we neither carved nor painted. It was also a pretty gross weekend- basically the rain held off until right after we left the pumpkin patch into Sunday so just something to look forward to this coming weekend.
 |
| Totally adorable pic at the diner afterwards, though Bill probably shouldn't have been sharing his shake |
This weekend is looking to be much better, Bill's finally feeling well and I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (he has the added benefit of being able to take day/nyquil whereas I do not). The weather has also been gorgeous and looks to stay that way going into the weekend.
In baby news we have a Charlotte Royale cake, which I have no clue what that is but looks delicious. The past few weeks the baby has been the size of various breads, not too exciting. I had a midwife appt last Friday that Mo was good enough to attend with me (long story but the highway to her school was shutdown last Friday so she stayed home with me) and everything is going well. Mo helped to measure me and check out the baby's heartbeat- all were good according to the midwife. I'm also cleared for gestational diabetes but I do have anemia (no big surprise, as I was anemic with Mo), so I get to take iron supplements now. I've also been bumped to appts every 2 weeks now... so we're getting close!
In nursery news, I also hung up a few prints this past weekend and took down the current curtains (to be moved to the basement). Next weekend I'd like to possibly move the bed down to the basement to eventually make room to bring the crib up and start putting that together. And put up the new curtains as well as the rest of the prints.
Mo had some big changes as well. Her 3's preschool class was chaos at 12-15 kids (depending on the day/time), so her school just created a younger and older 3's room. Her former art teacher, Miss Tatiana, is now her dedicated younger 3's teacher and she's still in the same room as her bff's Lily, Livi and James. Miss Tatiana was super excited about getting her own classroom and while this room doesn't have computers, it has tons of sensory activities and they've already been doing tons of creative projects.
 |
| Making fall trees with Lily |
Mo has also officially decided to be Cinderella for Halloween and I was able to locate a super cute Cinderella outfit plus cape, so hopefully she can just get by wearing a long sleeve shirt underneath. Mo has her Halloween parade at school on Friday the 28th, then we were planning to do some cute trick or treating in
Ridgefield with her school friends on Saturday the 29th then do a fun
Halloween House in Ridgefield on actual Halloween. I'm still not sure about the trick or treating scene in our neighborhood since Mo is basically the only child with the exception of a house all the way at the other end of the neighborhood, but I got a bag of candy that we can leave on the porch or if Bill wants to stay behind, to test it out this year. It's also a little off being on a Monday so I figured group activities with her school friends was the way to go this year.
I'm also signing Mo up for swim lessons starting 10/24 and looking for other activities to get her involved in as we move into the winter. She's enjoying ballet and lately her favorite thing to wear is this puppy tutu dress, but I'd love to get her into soccer or lacrosse (though sadly there won't be a winter session for lacrosse) too. Well, maybe something to look forward to in the spring when she's only part time at school.
Upcoming:
- Meeting up with a Mommy friend that moved to Norwalk with another nearby Mommy friend this Friday for dinner
- Getting out and enjoying the fall weather now that it's not all overcast and rainy this weekend. Hopefully hitting up an orchard that at least has some more fun activities since Mo had a blast last weekend
- Slowly checking off items on the nursery to-do list
- Another midwife appt next Friday
- I have no upcoming scheduled visits into the city and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible
- Bill Sr and Eileen (aka Poppa and Grandma) come visit!
- Then all the Halloween extravaganza fun
No comments :
Post a Comment