Thursday, September 29, 2016

September!

My goodness, September flew! Birthday parties, birthdays, philanthropies, girls nights, friends stopping by, saying goodbye to the pool for the season and of course, growing this little baby while trying to be the best mama I can to my vivacious 3 year old. I think the best way to sum up this month is in pictures.
Not sure why these pics are so small but whatevs. My buying a car outfit...
Oh yeah, we also bought a car. Bill's new Jeep
Then we took a road trip while Mo was in school to Hopkins vineyard to have a date day!
Mo officially started 3's preschool!
Celebrating Mo's birthday on her actual birthday. 
My best attempts at drawing

Frosting girl
She got her mermaid cake!
With her school besties, Lily and Livi

What happens when I DIY... sometimes it's worth it...
Tons of pics from Mo's birthday but this was one of the sweetest, with one of her BFFs from school, Lily
Showing off our face paint post party
Having a "drink" with my sis (who's actually having a drink) post party weekend
Photobomb at 22 weeks! Right before I had a 5 hr commute to my Merck clients out in Jersey
And I got a fab haircut... and my stylist who I discovered a year ago is moving to CA... whaaa
Places to go, games to see, jerseys to rock
Before our awesome birthday date night at this fab place in Westport, the Whelk. We are def going back asap!
Enjoying the beautiful weather to pursue some artistic pastimes
Mo started ballet!
And Bill made me dinner on my birthday! (thanks to Hello Fresh)
Girls' night at ilili with my work friends 
Hirsch and Brittney came to visit for our last pool day
At the wedding with the IDM crew (past and present)

Our "prom pic" on the beautiful grounds

Feeling a little fab in my Rosie Pope dress
Having a blast at Lily's birthday party!

Channeling Super Mario

Zip line fun at Rayna's party

Down the "roller coaster"

Bedhead mango and a 25 week bump
With her other school besties. It may have been a bad Jets loss but theses guys will always cheer for the Green Team
And we finished off Steptember with a bake sale and raised $261!!! Pretty incredible!
In baby news, all my appointments have been going well. Mo went to my last midwife one and was a super helper, turning on the heartbeat monitor and helping midwife Kirsten with measurements. It was really sweet. Baby is moving a ton, but nothing too bad or distracting. I've been getting a few Braxton Hicks too and definitely feel a ton of pressure after I've been sitting or walking for too long. The midwives said that was a good sign though and hopefully this birth will be much easier. We've also started decorating the baby's room. With my birthday money I bought the bear prints and last weekend we bought a used glider that I'm freshening up and plan to reupholster and add to our currently empty formal living room once the baby is older. I also snagged a very gently used Mamaroo swing for cheap... the swing some Mom's swear by. We'll see. The registry is basically all done too, we really just need to get a crib, and a few smaller items that either didn't exist when Mo was a baby or are needed for a January baby that we didn't need so much for an August baby last time. I've been trying to find as much as I can second hand or on sale though.
Can't forget my NYC Mama's night out at Boqueria Soho last Friday!
All ready to be a big sis
Yesterday I also cleaned out my Norwalk office- which is closing- and I'm officially working from home from here on out- minus a few days in the city a month. September was really a doozy though with going in to try to see everyone and as I get into the 3rd trimester I'm really going to cut that back to an "only as necessary" trip. Work is going well though.
All ready for the fall!
Upcoming:
Mo learning all about apples this week at school
  • This weekend we have Jaz's party on Saturday, then hopefully a relaxing Sunday. Bill will be at the Syracuse game with John and Dan
  • I have one more work dinner next Thursday then I'm done with city dinners
  • Next weekend I think we'll try to do some apple and pumpkin picking, hopefully with our school friends Lily and James and Livi (and their parents of course)
  • Not sure what Mo will be for Halloween. I'm letting her pick this year but also trying to steer her in the direction of costumes we already have at home (i.e. the free kind) so we'll see
  • Grandma and Poppa come to town later in Oct
  • Mo's school's Halloween party is 10/28

No comments :

Post a Comment