Monday, August 1, 2016

17 Weeks!

Well, here we are at 17 weeks. I'm feeling very bumpy (although no one gave up their seat for my on the subway when we went in for Emma Sofia's party a few weeks ago, grrr). Sleeping ok most of the time, a little less tired, a little more energetic, but I wouldn't say I've bounced back or felt as amazing as I did 2nd trimester with Mo. It's also been insanely hot and we had an ac malfunction last weekend so that certainly wasn't helping things.

Mo has changed her tune according to her teacher (and babysitter) Victoria and is telling EVERYONE at school that she's having a little brother. Well, in terms of odds (being the absolute only girl of her generation on both sides of our families) it's probably a good bet to go with boy (though I'm not hinting... I know nothing!).
My super cool pregnancy tracker- Parisian Bakery. This week, creme brulee... yum
And speaking of work, my boss is in Ireland for the next 2 weeks and her boss (my former boss who now runs our company) is also on vacation so it's been a nice, albeit eerie, sort of lull. For those not aware, my company split into 3 parts last winter, 1 part merging with a larger agency, another part becoming it's own small area strictly focusing on healthcare marketing, and my Investment team and a small amount of Account Execs becoming  our own Small Business Unit (SBU) within Mediabrands, as a direct response solution within Mediabrands (the umbrella company). So my company got a lot smaller, but my role became a lot more senior.

In the spring (basically a week after I found out I was pregnant) Mediabrands also announced that they were implementing a 6 month maternity leave, complete with the option to return at a part-time basis for the 7th month. I'm currently working this out... of course it's not all paid, but I believe that time off with my babies is a priceless opportunity, so we're budgeting to make it work. Bill isn't thrilled about losing part of my salary but when talking to another mom about it she said at my level my actions are noted by junior female employees and if I can take the time then I absolutely should, to show them that it can and should be done. So it's a win for mothers and feminism!

Budgets will be tight though so I'm considering putting Mo in school come Feb as part-time (under 35 hr/wk). We know plenty of parents, and kids, that do preschool on a part-time basis with no detrimental effects and it'll give me a chance to spend more time with her and the baby. My only worry is feeling obligated to get out of the house to keep Mo entertained, which could be challenging during the winter months, but we're getting more familiar with all kinds of child-focused places around town as well as meeting lots of other parents who could do playdates. Her school is so flexible though we could do part-time as an early pickup M-F or just skip certain days... but something to think about. She's also is now eligible for a weeks' vacation at no tuition (a really great perk) and great if we do decide to do a San Antonio and Florida vacation during that time.
Shaving cream art
At Kathryn & Jacob's Art Adventure birthday party

Swimming with Kathryn
Noodling around... we gotta get Mo one of these... it's better than the kickboard!
At Olivia & James' Bounce party
Bouncing away


Leading the pack
Upcoming:

  • I have another midwife appt on the 8th and then the anatomy scan on the 22nd
  • We'll find out this week if the other dog is pregnant- and if so we're first on the list for those puppies
  • We *may* be going to Boston this weekend for Bill's friend Tom's surprise birthday party
  • I have a girls night out in NYC with some Danbury friends I've made on the 19th
  • Mo gets to chill on the birthday parties for a little while and then party-central for Mo on 9/4
  • And then my birthday is coming up... that big milestone (HA!) of 35. And then I'll officially have a geriatric pregnancy

No comments :

Post a Comment