Sunday, August 14, 2016

18 Weeks!

How's this for confusing: my 18 weeks pic, took mid 17 weeks and just now being posted one day away from 19 weeks. Ah, if that doesn't sum up fulltime working mom-hood perfectly then I don't know what does.
We've got a croissant this week!
Besides it being insanely hot I have nothing much to share. I'm now lead co-chair of my company's philanthropy group... a little extracurricular I actually don't mind, so that's been taking up more of my time then usual this past week (September is Steptember, for cerebral palsy, so sign up and count your steps for a great cause!). My boss also is officially back starting tomorrow, though was unofficially answering emails late last week, so I'm expecting another crazy week. And we finally heard from the puppy breeder, Dawn, and her red tri Sugar is in fact expecting and due Aug 16 (!!!like 2 days away Aug 16!!!)... so we might have a puppy after all.

Baby is busy bouncing and doing little kicks. I feel ok... same levels of energy as a few weeks ago, and basically just trying to live in the pool as much as possible with this heat. Again, I know nothing, but if I were to wager a guess I'd say this is probably a boy, just because I feel so darn different. I started trying to practice the boy's name with Mo and it's pretty amusing.

Me: "Mo, can you say Liam?"
Mo: points to her Lamb stuffed animal

Well, not quite but we'll get there.  In other awesome things my toddler says though:

Mo: "Daddy has a butt. Everyone has butts!"

Mo's political stance:
(we're watching the Daily Show and a  clip of Donald Trump comes up)
Mo: "What's wrong with his mouth?"

And this morning, Mo and I are up but I'm letting Bill sleep in. I know he's awake, but Mo doesn't. I go into our bedroom to grab a hair clip and Mo is waiting by the door.
Mo: "MOMMY, BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T WAKE UP DADDY!!!" in her loudest "soft" voice possible, which is basically just yelling. Bill and I both start cracking up.

Also, my favorite words that she says.
Granola- Granono
Play, playroom- pay, payroom
Biscuit- Bistick

I love it! And now for some school pics.








Upcoming:

  • Mommy has a night out this Friday! It's a friend I've made out here in Danburys' 30th birthday (yes, I'm the old-fart mommy in the 'burbs) and it's in the city! Getting our hair did and then dinner at Beauty & Essex- then this preggo is heading back while the other Mommy's party it up all night in the city
  • Back for a bright and early birthday party of one of Mo's school friends next Saturday
  • Eagerly awaiting news of the puppy...
  • And getting Mo's birthday in order. I'm diy-ing it up more than I ever have (and remembering why I don't DIY at the same time) but it'll all turn out cute
My DIY Mermaid wands, because f spending $150 (seriously!) on Etsy 

No comments :

Post a Comment