Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Surprise!!!

For anyone we haven't told or who isn't on social media....we're having a baby! Coming in early January (1/9 to be exact). And it's a surprise, so no peaking on the gender before this little one is born. So you might be asking some questions:
  • How far along are you? Today I'm in the middle of my 16th week. I have a bump and I can feel the baby. We also have a heartbeat monitor, and listening to the baby's heartbeat is one of Mo's favorite things to do at bedtime.
  • How's Mo taking this? Very well so far. We've been talking a lot about her brother/sister and when she's in a sweetheart mood she'll be so excited.
  • So there was the mango... who's this baby? We currently don't have a cute but asexual fruit name yet, or any other nickname. It'll come.
  • What do you think it is? I'll say 50/50 for boy or girl. I do feel different this pregnancy but it's also a totally opposite time of year from when I was pregnant with Mo and I didn't have a toddler last time. Mo is convinced its a girl about 85% of the time, for what that's worth.
  • How are you feeling? Better. I felt horrible the first trimester, but in comparison terms in my first pregnancy I wasn't navigating windy roads and hills like I do on a daily basis here (and I get carsick already).
  • Are you seeing the same Dr? Ha, no. I'm seeing a group of midwives that are local to Danbury. Their office and the birthing center is both right down the street from the hospital which is all of 10 minutes from our house. And right now the plan is to give birth at the birthing center... it's like a B&B... except where you have a baby.
  • Do you have names picked out? We do! Sort of. Girls name is between 2. Boy is set.
  • Aren't you getting a dog too? We are... but we want a very specific dog and with our only choice already chosen with the litter that was just born (we were 3rd to pick). We're first on the list for the next litter and depending on how that lines up to when baby is due, we may be waiting until next spring. But we'll keep you posted. New baby and new puppy... yes we're crazy :)
  • Anything you really miss? Yes. No Leienkugel Summer Shandy's this summer is something I'm pretty torn up about. I could also go for a giant tray of sushi, but I'm managing with cooked fish rolls. I could always go for a nice piece of foie gras but I usually abstain for waistband reasons anyways.
  • Now you have the space for a nursery, are you so excited? Yes... I even have a nursery pinterest page. For those of you familiar with our guest rooms, it's the room that doesn't have the giant window in it... because that would be a lighting nightmare.
  • How's Bill doing? Besides making fun of me for passing out like clockwork at 9:30p every night (yes, even during GOT), he's good. I think he's enjoying his designated driver.
  • Any babymoon plans? Well, we have a wedding in Jersey in September if that counts but otherwise, no. We're tentatively planning some family vacations next year and with 3 full priced tickets to pay for now that's all we have on the plan... plus our house is basically a summer vacation home.
And now, for the bump pics!

That's all for now. 

No comments :

Post a Comment