![]() |
| She was smiling right before this... she definitely knows when Mama breaks out the camera now |
I also can't believe next month will be officially 6 months breast-feeding! For being such a challenge initially, I'm so thankful I've made it this far and am hoping I can make it a little further. My goal is anywhere around 8-12 months and as that grows closer I'm thankful to have that wonderful bond with Moira now that she's so much more aware. Pumping at work is no easy task too (there are 5-6 other pumping moms on a given day and we share 2 rooms so every day is a scheduling struggle), plus I've had days where I've forgotten to pack bottles (I now just use Lanolin milk bags, which I keep a huge box of here at work), where meetings throw everything off, when I've worn non-pumping-friendly clothing and that takes an extra 10 minutes, but I try to be grateful that I even work in an environment where I am given the facilities to do this, as well as have a great group of other pumping moms to provide support for each other. One lawyer mom I met this weekend who was going back at 6 months had to wean her son already because she's in court all day and can't exactly exit mid-trial to pump, so I'm very thankful for how accommodating they are here to new moms.
![]() |
| All bundled up for our playdate! |
Moira is coming home happy, learning all sorts of new tricks and even doing art! We've made a point to read to her as much as possible but also give her Mango time to just hang out and play by herself. Yesterday when I picked her up at school it was the first time she smiled when she saw me and that was the best! She also had been finger painting and we had our first fridge art!
![]() |
| Next stop, art school! |
Upcoming:
- DC for Megan and Tom's baby shower and seeing Aunt T and Uncle Chris is coming up soon!
- I also asked for an extra cheesy card from Bill for Valentines, but I think I may have beaten him to the punch there ;) I'm normally not a Hallmark holiday type of person but I feel it's nice to make the effort to connect and show our appreciation for each other as much as possible now that we have Moira.
- Getting SOOOO excited for Texas! These cold days have got me practically counting down the hours. Plus, I haven't been since April so I'm a little homesick for the sweet Texas air and endless blue skies
- Going to a Duke v. Syracuse watch party at Bill's friends place, possibly with the Mango in tow
- This Friday is take your favorite stuffed animal to school day! Wonder who Mango's going to pick?!
- Also looking forward to the baptism in April, Teresa and Chris' reception in May, our Smokey Mountain adventure and a mini weekend trip to Rhode Island in July, and lots more little things coming up







No comments :
Post a Comment