This adorable girl is growing at the speed of light. Just 2 weeks ago she was mastering her jumper (thanks Cousin Charlie!), now she's passing back and forth objects, reaching for, grabbing and holding on to things (toes and other objects) and babbling and giggling away. Bill and I also discussed this morning whether we should credit this to her being in daycare and I think that absolutely we should! She's the 2nd youngest in the class and already so observant of other babies (and it was right after yoga a few weeks ago that she started rolling after watching all the other mobile babies), so I imagine that she's taking plenty of notes all day, then showing off to Mama and Daddy at night.
Daycare is going very well. I come in every afternoon to find a happy girl in one of the teachers arms with all her little friends around. Her group is called the Orange Butterflies and every day she does all kinds of fun things. The cold hasn't seemed to faze her much at all either, once she's snuggled in the carrier and we're on our way home she falls asleep, though usually she'll do some people watching first. The one thing I wish I had more time to do is come feed her during my lunch but work has just been too crazy, on top of trying to get everything done so I can get out exactly at 5 to pick her up.
I started up with my postpartum core class again and didn't realize how sore I'd be after the holidays! The class is great though and now my friend Melissa is going to come too. I also missed all my mom interactions so next week I'm meeting up with some girls from the mom's group where we all keep in touch through a more intimate Facebook group. And next Friday is a working mom's lunch I'm going to try to attend. In a few weeks I've tentatively set up a playdate with another mom I know from our complex (who actually just announced that she's pregnant with #2! Her little ones will be 15 months apart!). I think the key though is not to over-extend myself by trying to do everything, instead make the connections I have be more meaningful. I really try to stop and think about how Moira will perceive my actions and I want her to see her Mama and Daddy focusing on quality over quantity, always.
 |
| We've got a mini-Spurs fan here! |
 |
| Holding her bottle by herself! |
 |
| A girls night on Monday watching Amelie with Mama and Chica |
 |
| Look at that pouty face! She knows how to work the camera |
 |
| Morning toe grab |
Upcoming:
- Moira has her 4 month pediatrician appointment this Friday. More shots :(
- Next Saturday Bill and I have a date night and tickets to Book of Morman!!! SO EXCITED!!!!
- Getting excited for our Texas trip in March!
- Starting to finally get around to plan her Christening too... I'm thinking late March/early April
You are right, she is growing up so fast,changing with each day. Do miss all of you, counting the days till you visit.
ReplyDelete