For as much as I love to look forward to our future in a quiet little suburban town, our spacious house, and sprawling backyard, it makes me a little sad to think that our time in the city has an expiration date on it. Hopefully we can stick it out for a little while longer, but that little while is probably not more than a year or 2 at the most. So in the meantime we get out and enjoy the city as much as possible. Being winter is no excuse too, but I'm really looking forward to some fun spring and summer outings coming up!
This past weekend was the pinnacle of NYC enjoyment, including catching a Broadway show, borough-hopping to check out some amazing BBQ, having a quick cocktail at a Park Slope farm-to-table old haunt of mine, brunching with Baby in the East Village, taking the Mango to Tompkins Square Park for her first playground swing and just walking around and enjoying how lucky we are to live in this amazing city.
 |
| Enjoying our awesome Christmas present from Bill's parents! |
 |
| Also enjoying some wine in a sippy cup at the theater! |
 |
| Eating possibly the best ribs ever at Morgan's BBQ... the brisket was pretty incredible too |
 |
| The pitmaster is from Frankin's in Austin... he knows how to do Texas BBQ right |
 |
| On Monday we hit up The Brindle Room to see how awesome their burger was... pretty darn good |
 |
| And then we went swinging in TSP. Despite initial appearances Mango did enjoy herself towards the end |
 |
| For the Suzy homemaker portion of the weekend, I showed Mango how to make some sour cherry and pecan cinnamon rolls with a coffee glaze |
 |
| And last night she supervised me making pizza |
Moira is growing into the sweetest baby. Happy, chatty, and on the move. There's no stopping her once she get the hang of something and boy is she independent. She makes the funniest faces and is becoming a pretty good sleeper now that she's discovered tummy sleeping. This morning she was snoozing on her tummy in her crib while Bill and I quietly chatted, when we looked up she had popped her head up and was just staring, not wanting to miss a thing!
 |
| Obsessed with hair |
Yesterday I was supposed to have a dinner with some LA reps of mine (which was ultimately cancelled due to the snow storm) and dropped off Moira that morning since I wouldn't be able to see her until after she was asleep at night. It was so sad to leave her, even with her surrounded by her teachers and friends and her already focused on a toy just out of her grasp. I love picking her up at night so much more, finding a happy, sleepy girl who just loves cuddling against my chest on our ride home. I used to love rep dinners, usually my chance to discover new, trendy spots or expensive eats Bill and I wouldn't go to on our own but now it's so hard to miss out on a night with our sweet girl, and I was so relieved when it was all cancelled in the end and I could just go home to my family. I made a rule when I came back to work that I'd only do one work dinner a month so I think that's a good compromise.
.JPG) |
| Tummy time on the bed while I get ready in the morning.... too cute not to take a picture of |
Upcoming:
- Working moms playdate this Sunday!
- In lieu of happy hours, brunches and dinners I just can't go to anymore I'm throwing a game night at the apartment for some friends. Someone's bringing Cards Against Humanity so should be an awesome time!
- We're going to DC President's Day weekend for my friend Megan's baby shower, possibly some Top Golf and spending lots of quality time with Aunt Teresa and Uncle Chris!
- Getting excited for our Texas trip still! Planning a Austin/Franklin's BBQ excursion, Mango gets a South Texas tour and Bill and my first night away from her (Bill's Christmas present from me, a night out on the Riverwalk at the most Romantic restaurant and hotel).
- And we finally set a date for the baptism! I'm working on cards and making sure Mango still fits in my
Dad's outfit- my outfit, made by my Grandmother (Moira's namesake) for me and my sister. The blanket that goes with it is from my Dad's babyhood though.
No comments :
Post a Comment