Tuesday, April 23, 2013

23 Weeks & Some Things I Forgot

So in yesterday's post I was so consumed with what had happened in the previous week that I completely forgot to mention our trip to San Antonio (and thus is pregnancy brain completely summed up)! Bill and I spent a long weekend in San Antonio 2 weeks ago and it was really delightful. We ate some really tasty food, (he) did a little wine tasting with my parents and mostly we just relaxed, chatted and enjoyed the beautiful Texas weather.

We both got a taste of what suburban life (our eventual next move) will be like, chilling on the deck, playing with the dogs and just enjoying the outdoors (and space!). Neither of us are too keen to travel with a baby- although I have already read Meg Collin's very quick read Flying with Baby as preparation- so I'm not sure exactly when our next trip down will be. It was very weird to think though that this was going to be my last time going home as just me, presumably every time in the future I'll have B along with. But it was very cool to see in person just how excited and over-the-moon my parents are for the arrival of their Grandbaby and it was sweet to hang out with future Aunt extraordinaire, Ana. Sunday night my Mom was even able to find little B's heartbeat with her stethoscope so everyone took turns listening.
Bill and I in the Hill Country
4/14/13
And last night we went ahead with the UPPAbaby purchase! The stroller was in great condition- and kind of a steal with the travel bag and cup holder included plus all the items it normally comes with- so we couldn't pass it up. Tonight after prenatal yoga I'm going to take some time to actually learn how to use it- especially now that I have my preemie Cabbage Patch, David, that I brought back from San Antonio especially for exercises like these. So once B comes, I'll be a pro! And before B comes I'll also send it out to the Stroller Spa (yes, this is a thing that really exists) for an in-depth clean.
Here it is! Our UPPAbaby Vista in Cole
It definitely needs a nickname- input anyone?
And... I'm 23 weeks today! It's so hard to believe how fast this is flying. The really sweet Chinese man at the dim sum place pegged me for 6 months and right as I was correcting him, that no, I'm only 5, I added it up and realized I'm only a week away from 6 months! And the aches and pains I've heard about are really kicking in. Prenatal yoga this week wasn't an "if I can make it", it's been upgraded to an absolute necessity. I just wish full blown spring would finally hit so I can check out of my heels and into some comfy flats finally!

3 comments :

  1. Hey what about the paella fest? Might need to fly down for that! Sometimes, just have to jump in and do it.....maybe people will be understanding with a crying baby or even a sleeping one. Never know until you do it. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that might be good, also maybe sometime in October? We just don't want to make 1st flight with baby be one of the worst travel days too. I think flying with a little one is probably a lot easier than a 2+ kiddo- I'm totally in awe of you and Dad flying T and I to South America when we were little (even though there was Benedryl involved, lol).

    ReplyDelete