Monday, April 22, 2013

22 Weeks & 6 Days!

Well, nothing much happened last week besides work. To be completely honest, it's been a tough past 2-3 weeks here at the office. I'm trying to take on as many extra projects as I can while I have the energy but it does get overwhelming. But for all the complaining it's great that I'm getting looked at for all these projects. Not only am I now handling 2 clients (1 REALLY big one and 1 REALLY demanding one) but last week I was also asked to sit in a new business pitch meeting with my CEO, CFO and 2 big wig strategy VPs to represent the media investment team! Maybe this is just me being a media nerd but that was pretty cool.

I was also able to successfully organize and pull off a meet-up for my HRP Mamas July-August-September '13 Mamas last week too. I have to say, it's a pretty cool group! Lots of very down-to-earth ladies who all do some pretty cool things. There's a lawyer, a child psychologist, a speech therapist, a Trina Turk fashion salesperson, a model-actress and me- the advertising chick. Another girl is delivering at my hospital (NY Downtown Hospital) and also has her baby on the wait list for the same daycare that we chose, just a different location. We chatted over strollers, maternity leave, daycare vs. nanny's, and of course- what we're having! I'm not the only one keeping it a surprise, but there are also 3 boys expected in the group and a pair of twin girls. All in all though it was just great to find that other Mama's have the same questions I do, just about all of them live in 1 bedrooms (the only exception was the woman who already has 1 child) and to just start forming relationships that will hopefully become a great support group as well as future play date friends for B... and me.
The ladies. Nevermind the white whale in the front... let's just call this a bad pregnancy angle ;)
Otherwise it's been quiet. Bill and I finally had a NYC weekend together with nothing to do for the first time in what seems like weeks so Saturday after the Knicks playoff game we met up for a nice date night dinner at Seersucker in Brooklyn. I'd been once but Bill had never been and it was an immediate hit. We had a blast, ate delicious food, stayed up past our bedtime listening to music afterwards and then Bill finally felt B kick!!! So it was a very special night.
Showing some DG love after the PR debacle this week with my date night attire
22 weeks and 4 days
4/20/13
Then on Sunday we started the day off with some dim sum (Bill's first time, and our first time at this place Oriental Garden which is my new favorite) then went baby shopping. Bill signed off on all the major purchases I had picked out for the registry and then helped me make a decision on the stroller. After numerous conversations with other NYC Mama's, Mama's-to-be, a glowing recommendation from a Dallas Mama (an old sorority sister- see Dad, being in a sorority is still paying off!) and tons and tons of great reviews online we decided on the major splurge that is the UPPAbaby Vista. It's... pricey to say the least. But it's also absolutely perfect for NYC and for what I wanted (a stroller to grow with, the bassinet feature, bug and rain covers automatically included, SPF shield, magnetic peek-a-boo window (as opposed to Velcro which could wake a baby up), extended footrest that shifts with the seat, numerous reclining options, maneuverability, and while it's not the tiniest thing, it's more compact and lighter than other full-size stroller options. Plus the storage space! AND... after we looked all day that night one of the Mama's posted hers for sale- in the color I wanted. So we're going to take a look tonight and might end the day with another major baby purchase done!
The UPPAbaby Vista in Cole.
Just look at that storage space!
What else is new? Well B/Mango/Strong Bad is moving all the time now! S/he's very active in the daytime, so hopefully a good sleeper? One can only hope. I feel lots of rolls and will get the occasional series of kicks and punches all throughout the day but especially when I've just eaten, have to pee or am lying down. Also, Chinese people apparently are very baby loving. I've never been so fawned over like I was at the dim sum restaurant on Sunday, and also received another unsolicited opinion that B is a little girl! We were also strongly encouraged to come back soon and with baby- so there's one restaurant to add to our baby friendly list! Otherwise, just the glucose test fun this Friday and hopefully another relaxing weekend to look forward to.

No comments :

Post a Comment