37 Weeks! Technically only 21 days before this little ones due date but I'm having serious doubts about making it that far. I've been getting tiny little contractions as well as major Braxton Hicks since last week. I think at my appt this week I get checked for dilation. I saw the midwives last Thursday as well as my acupuncturist, which I'm doing to help induce (she will do acupuncture to gradually induce me, it's not an immediate thing... and yes, that's if you believe acupuncture actually works, which I believe it certainly helps). I'll see them both again this Thursday, and then we head into the holiday week. I definitely feel better about being past 37 weeks though, since that means if I go at any point on, I'll be good to go with the birth center.
This past Saturday we had a major snowstorm but braved the weather to make it out to Mo's school friend's Santa party (and yay for having a Jeep with a Snow AWD function! And yay to Bill for insisting we get cars with AWD... I'm never thankful until winter rolls around). It was really nice connecting with some new parents- including one Mom who gave me the whole rundown of Danbury hospital (just in case I end up there as there are only 2 birthing rooms at the center). Apparently the hospital is very nice, recently renovated L&D and even has the tubs to labor/birth, if you so choose. She also said the food was great (did mention it's no lobster dinner that apparently you get at Greenwich hospital (whaaa?!?) but still very delicious). So definitely good to know! And in case you were wondering, here's a tour in pictures of the birth center. I just love it, it's very B&B-y, but literally to get to the hospital in case of anything, you just have to cross the street.
 |
| Waiting/common room. Downstairs is where I have my regular appts |
 |
| The "pink" room |
 |
| Other side of the common area, nice little kitchen |
 |
| Green room |
As for the party, like I said, it was well worth braving the weather. The kids were all in their pj's, Santa showed up and passed around some gifts, and then we basically just had a large playdate. It's so nice because these are the kiddo's Mo sees every day so she's especially comfortable around them- at one point I was talking with some mom's in the basement and "lost" Mo but she was just fine upstairs playing with her friends.
 |
| And here I am, festively dressed but I feel like I look so exhausted. Story of my life lately, and probably won't change for another few months. |


We also learned that one family we've become friendly with (the hosts) are sending their twins to St. Mary's next year for pre-K- and they gave us the inside scoop that spots are filling up there for pre-K, plus their program is top notch and Kindergarten- where we'd definitely send Mo- gives first pick to their incoming pre-K. Bill and I discussed after and decided to move ahead with sending her to St. Mary's for pre-K- we just mailed in the application and fee to put her on the list and should still be able to get a spot for her (there were 3 left when I called this morning). We'll take the tour after the new year (or Bill will). The great thing about St. Mary's is that Mo's current school does drop off and pick up there. So I'd be dropping off/picking up both kiddos at Children's Academy only. We'll follow the twins schedule and only go 1/2 days (8:30 to 12, but full days were only 8:30-2:30)- then she'd finish up the day at TCA, but I think it'll be great to help her acclimate to the school she'd eventually go to while not totally ripping her apart from her current friends. We have heard that TCA 4's is more of a daycare than a set curriculum with Kinder prep so on that note it'll also be good to make the switch. Plus we love that the twins will be there so hopefully she'll come in feeling pretty comfortable already. And we won't have to worry about her possibly not getting a spot for Kindergarten.
This past weekend was great otherwise. On Friday Mo and I made a gingerbread house and listened to Christmas music, while drinking sparkling peach juice (her choice over hot chocolate!). Then on Sunday we drove down to White Plains for some really excellent dim sum. Like better than the dim sum we had in the city. It was a bit of a drive but really fun with the carts, especially for Mo who we discovered is a shrimp shumai connoisseur. Plus anywhere where we can be in and out in less than an hour is a win. She's getting better at restaurant eating but still tends to get antsy towards the end.
 |
| Our house! I did the icing (which was a huge pain) and Mo did the decorating. |
 |
| This girl LOVES the snow! Refused to walk on the shoveled sidewalk. |
 |
| And my work threw me a Sprinkle, which was super nice. They gave us a gift card, some really cute baby clothes and even got Mo some presents too! |
 |
| Chowing down on her shrimp shumai. Bill and I had to order our own because she ate the whole first batch. |
 |
| And saying hi to the fishies! She kept asking them to come closer so she could say hello. |
Upcoming:
- Yoga tonight, midwife appt Thurs am and Acupuncture Thurs afternoon. Thurs is also my last day of work for the holidays (and possibly for good if I have this baby while on holiday break)
- Bill and I are going to see Rogue One on Friday. Love that Mo's school is open so we get a "free" day
- Christmas is Sunday! OMG... it's not even registering. Bill's fam gets in on the Saturday and all I can hope is that this baby holds off (for my sake and the midwives) until after Santa comes
- Bill and I have another date night on the 26th, then we have American Girl Doll extravaganza on the 27th with Bill's Mom. Luckily we in for the first session so hopefully it won't be complete mayhem
- And then it's totally cool for this baby to come... my parents get in on the 4th but if baby comes a little sooner than that it's fine since Bill will be off until the 3rd. It's so crazy that this is really finally happening!
No comments :
Post a Comment