Well, here we are. 4 official days until we're no longer Manhattanites. To be frank, I've started and stopped this post so many times. I have a separate post in edit that's basically just a love letter to NYC. I don't really want to finish it though because it's really not goodbye. Sure we're moving, and to a different state at that. Playdates won't be as easy as hopping into an Uber, dining out will require a car ride, and one less glass of wine for one of us. But the playground will be in our backyard (eventually... a possible birthday present for Mo), heck, we'll even have a backyard... our own personal one. And did I mention the pool?! And the view of the lake?! From our outdoor or indoor deck? Plus the bar, the pool table, the amazing chefs kitchen, the loft, the space... remind me again what was I so sad about?

But that basically sums it up. It's a tradeoff. And a tradeup. I'm going to miss the city, sure, everyday... but I'll be here 5 days a week. Bill and I have already talked about having date lunches at our favorite city haunts. I still have a million vacation days that I can use for playdates, music, etc with Mo. We're far, but not really that far. We'll have a parking spot in the city, Mo will still be going to her Mandarin school. During the work week there's not a lot that'll change, except we'll all have a cozy commute as a family. We're already looking at our summer and it's getting booked up with visits and get togethers. It'll be a change but luckily we held out to find the perfect retreat of a home that hopefully will also lure our city and suburb friends to visit, and often.

Now that we have moving and close dates and that the sellers were able to relax their contingency, putting us in the house a whole 9 days earlier than what we'd originally negotiated... and just in time for Memorial Day... I'm feeling a lot more relaxed. It's almost done...
Below... a lot of what we've been up to when I've been too busy to blog. I've loved having these last few weeks to catch up on my favorite haunts, spend time with my favorite people and enjoy the convenience and vibrance of our city.
 |
| One last game night at FDR Dr. |
 |
| Enjoying champagne in the bathroom bar (yes, seriously) |
 |
| Leftie?!? |
 |
| Selfie time! Mo loves to hold up our phones like she's taking a selfie and say "cheese" |
 |
| Stoop talk |
 |
| Our little eater |
 |
| Mo is an animal LOVER! We go to the dog park often with this nicer weather |
 |
| Bill and I had an amazing date night at Jewel Bako... our favorite fancy omakase spot in the city |
 |
| And took some more selfies with their awesome background |
 |
| Mo saying "bye-bye" while we pack. I know she can't really spell out her feelings about us living amongst boxes but she seems to be taking this change remarkably well, considering. |
 |
| Had to stop in at Otafuku for some takoyaki before we moved! |
 |
| I'm sure I'll still be able to take celeb selfies at Upfronts even when I move to the 'burbs |
 |
| Last music class for a while... |
 |
| And here's my ultimate little girly girl... |
Upcoming:
- Well, we move. The official story is- movers move out our stuff tomorrow. We stay in the apt (living on blowup mattresses and out of suitcases) until Monday, when we close on the apt and stay in a hotel that night. Tuesday we're living at Bill's buddies (absolutely gorgeous, amazing, awesome) house until 5/19, when we close on the house and move in that day. *Whew* Got all that?
- We have already set up electricity, oil, alarm, cable, waste pickup, mail, taxes, and... most importantly... the pool opening!
- Off to Boston for Memorial Day
- My Mom comes that next week for an extended visit to help us get settled.
- Who else wants to come visit?
Everything well said.
ReplyDelete