Bill said she's changed so much since he went away (Saturday to Wednesday) and I believe it. She's super sweet but also a bit high maintenance, especially when she wants her way. She's also extremely independent but still looks to us for help. She is in love with older kids but seems to like babies too. When I drop her off at school early she stayes in the babies room until her teachers arrive so it's cute to see how she interacts with the little ones. I really can't wait to see how she'll be around her new baby cousin. She also LOVES animals- always quick to point our dogs on the street and I'm dying to take her to the cat cafe in our neighborhood before we leave NYC.
We really only have 2 more weekends left as Manhattanites (well, maybe 3, but the last one we'll be living like gypsies out of suitcases on blowup mattresses in our apt (not entirely certain but we've had a change of date for our closing to May 4), so I want to do it up big. Tonight we're having a last game night at our apartment with some work friends, tomorrow night I'm hitting up Beauty & Essex with my Mama friends, we're going for ice cream this weekend and am planning to bite the bullet and actually take Mango to some restaurants starting with King Bee for brunch this weekend. We'll also start packing this weekend, so it's officially official... our days as Manhattanites are numbered.
It's really hard to think about but it's something we've known was an eventuality since before Mango was even born (I even wrote about it here). I've discovered a whole new New York since having a baby and realized how amazing it is to raise a little one here in the city, but in both Bill and my's heart, we've always known that we weren't willing to make the sacrifices needed to raise a child fully in the city. We're both originally suburban kids and we really want that life for our daughter. At least we'll all still be commuting in to the city as a family and I know that sounds tedious to basically everyone we've discussed it with but for me, it allows us to not fully have to say goodbye to our city, at least not yet. But until the (TBD) day that we're handing over our keys, we're living it up to the max.
Upcoming:
- Game night! Last one at our apartment.
- Mama's night out at Beauty & Essex!
- Manhattan Family Weekend Extraordinaire!
- I had my review with my boss on Monday and things are all looking good for me here (and eventually in CT- he's a smart man, I didn't even have to broach the subject first)... but I'll report when there's actually something to report on.
- Cat Cafe reservation made on April 30th!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)




.jpg)
.jpg)








.jpg)



Looking at all of Mango's changes just since December, you two have an amazing little one! Of coarse I am her Nana, expect only amazing.
ReplyDelete