Well, I survived Mexico City. It was actually a beautiful city, clean, and the
Polanco area where we stayed was very much a Barcelona meets Paris to me. Just as I had predicted, it was good to get away and even better to return. I had so much fun with my friend Preethi, ate grasshoppers (!!!), went to a club, had some fantastic Mexican food, climbed a pyramid, lunched in a cave, etc. Anyways, I'll let the pics speak for themselves.
 |
| Actually, Preethi's room but mine was identical and she took the better picture. At the W Mexico City |
 |
| On a lifestyle show set |
 |
| Our welcome drinks |
 |
| The whole group |
 |
| On a novella set- this is the rich family's house |
 |
| The rich family's "wine cellar" |
 |
| With the El Extremo talent- the women were really cool! |
 |
| A "churro cart" at our table |
 |
| At the club with Pre and Victor- my new favorite gay sales rep, he was fabulous |
 |
| We just climbed a pyramid! |
 |
| At the top |
 |
| It actually wasn't a bad climb at all, so long as you're not scared of heights |
 |
| Mexican candy guy |
My sis also came in the past weekend and that was a lot of fun. She really got to bond with Mo and the weather was great so we were actually able to get out and about for the first time since winter hit. Teresa had us walking about 5 miles all weekend and I believe it! But first, some pics of my silly shoe fiend baby.
 |
| The passover fires outside our buildings on Friday |
 |
| I also worked from home on Friday so Mo and I had a Mama Daughter Day- kicked off with some Babycakes vegan treats in the LES |
 |
| Having breakfast with her Tia T |
 |
| Oh, and I saw Darius Rucker at the CMT Upfront. |
 |
| Reading with Tia |
 |
| Grabbing some lox and bagels at Russ & Daughters- probably one of the last times while we live in the LES |
 |
| Brunching it up at the Mission Cantina Vietnamese breakfast |
 |
| Ready for Tia T and Easter to come |
Yesterday Mo had a great time at Aunt Joanie's. She wore a beautiful dress that one of Eileen's friends made, had a blast finding some eggs, playing with Lily and an overall good time in general.
She's also developed quite a sweet tooth, which I need to nip in the bud. On Saturday she nabbed a whole macron and wouldn't let it go until it was devoured- I'd only meant for her to have a small piece. She is eating a ton though, had some eggs at brunch on Saturday, some smoked salmon and bagel, ate some Irish soda bread and a ton of the pulled pork I made. And now that we can get back to the playground weather wise, she's been having a blast running herself ragged. We visited 3 different playgrounds this weekend.
Upcoming:
- Bill's out of town April 11-15 (look for him if you're watching the MTV Movie Awards)
- We'll have some Mama Daughter time- thinking that may include a haircut for the Mango and lots of playground exploring
- We're booking our movers today or tomorrow- I'm also cleaning out my closet with Thredup
- Everything is still moving forward as it should for the house/apt sale. We still don't have an official close date but we've been working with April 30th and that's hopefully what it'll be.
- Work is work... nothing much new on that front though hopefully we'll have some good news soon.
No comments :
Post a Comment