Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Mas Tequila, Por Favor!

Well, I leave for Mexico tomorrow. I have not packed. I haven't even gotten my suitcase out of the closet. I think I'm turning into Bill in terms of travel. I'm already missing Mo and Bill. I know it'll be good to get away, hang with Preethi, who I haven't actually seen since she moved to Chicago almost a year ago, and so good to come back on Sunday but still, those 4 days seem like eternity. And I actually hate tequila, and have plenty of bad memories of being peer pressured to take tequila shots when I was in Cabo (albeit for Spring break in college). Hopefully now that I'm officially a grownup no one will be a jerk about me just drinking wine while I'm there.
St. Patty's Day Mango!
Reading with Daddy and winding down after destroying our living room. Hopefully the spring weather returns soon, we've got cabin fever!
She loves to pick out her own clothes. Sometimes the choices are interesting. She also LOVES shoes- is actually pretty obsessed. Her shoes, my shoes, Bill's, etc. A true girl.
Moira is now sleeping through the night about 50% of the week. The other 50% she's all over the place. But we stopped giving her milk when she'd wake up- replacing it with (much reviled in Mo's opinion) water and hopefully that's done the trick. Watching her take up all the space in the pack n' play now really makes me think that she'll love her big girl bed once we move and that combined with having her own room will help her to sleep through the night every night.
Too cool for school
Passing out in the weirdest way possible
And on the house front... we just received from the owners the list of service providers. They recommended we book an appointment asap to open the pool as they book quickly. That to me, more than anything, makes this real. It's crazy that that's it, but I've done the electric, cable, etc every other place I've moved. I've never booked a pool opening, but now I will every year for the foreseeable future. We're opening our pool. We're gonna be homeowners in approx 50 days! That's an amazing and somewhat stressful feeling.
Mo and Maddie, 2nd generation friends having a playdate 2 weeks ago.
We're making a short list of everything we want/need to purchase right away. The owners didn't want to sell us much at all so I think we'll be filling up the house slowly over the next few years. We've already been volunteered to host Christmas though so hopefully we can at least get the bedrooms and dining room situated before then. And if any one's looking to unload some furniture in good condition, we're all ears!
Mango visiting Daddy's office this past weekend
Bill has a busy weekend being a single dad, with the movers coming by to give us a quote. Mo is hot and cold with her moods, sometimes she's super sweet, other times really clingy, and occasionally the terrible almost-twos rears it's head. We're try to get her to communicate when she's frustrated, since we suspect most of her tantrums are due to communication barriers. She's also recently discovered throwing out of anger, which is fun for everyone. Her favorite word is "No", but she'll sometimes switch this up with something that sounds like "Nein"- so it's fantastic that she knows how to tell us no in 2 languages, and where in the world is she picking up German? I'm being totally sarcastic if you couldn't tell. But her vocabulary is really expanding by the day. She just added "flowers, oh no, Moira- sorta, JJ, etc".
A true New Yorker- eating some potato latkes and sour cream
In work news, my awesome 2nd in command is leaving to go work at the programmatic trading desk upstairs- a different company but still within the IPG umbrella. It's really sad, but I do wish her the best and think this is a great opportunity. And after much speculation and rumor, it was just announced that my company's CEO is retiring and the head of our LA office, Amy, (who I met with last month for the LA pitch) is filling in her shoes. As sad as it is to say goodbye to a leader who's truly put her heart and soul into her company, and it's employees, I also think it's so great that one working mom CEO is being replaced by another (and a single Mom to twins at that!). What this means for me... hopefully nothing but good things. Amy's seen me pitch, and recently, and even called out on our company wide "shout-outs" how good a job I did. She's asked me to be on other pitches since then and because the LA office doesn't have a buying team (I'm a buyer, in case you didn't know) hopefully I'll be in her line of sight once she moves to the New York office. I think it'll be a refreshing change.
At lease we made the dance. That's enough to be proud of. Next year, who knows!

  • Mexico... work/play trip that I hope will be fun and let me unwind a bit with my friend Preethi
  • Lots of changes at work starting next week
  • Tia T comes to visit next Friday-Sun
  • Easter at Aunt Joanie's. Hard to believe that Easter is already here.
  • Closing the apt April 30th. That's almost less than a month away!
  • And we'll be homeowners... soon. Also, who wants an invite when we open the pool?!

No comments :

Post a Comment