Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy (Almost) Valentine's Day!

Or happy Friday the 13th, depending on what you celebrate. Mo has her Valentine's party today at school (and I'm totally the mom bringing in the store-bought treats, #workingmama #aintnobodygottimeforthat). Bill and I also have a date night tonight. And we just put in an offer on a 3rd house this morning (don't ask... I'll tell you all about it when we have the keys in our hands). So big things happening this Friday.
I also just got back on Wednesday from a new business pitch I flew to LA for. There's been some big changes going on in my office recently, namely my bosses boss who I loved working with, quit to go run his own shop. I *think* it'll all shake out well enough for me and if anything I'm more valuable now, as seen from the recent pitch and the rave reviews we all received on our performance afterwards. It may mean more travel, but also more opportunity, and when you're in the midst of house buying/thinking about things in terms of 30 year mortgages, that's really not a bad thing at all. I also got the opportunity to spend time with the woman who heads up the LA office who is great, and a single mom raising twin 2 year old boys!
Cool view from the plane
View from our LA office, pretty sweet!
The house thing... well it is what it is. All I really want to say is that each place we put an offer on is better then the last one, but this is a taxing process. At least the apartment was (fairly) a breeze to sell, so there's that. Small favors. But like I said, we're not even going to hope, assume, anything until the keys are in our hand.
Back home with my favorite girl!
Mo and I are off to DC this weekend to hang with Godmother-Tia Teresa and Uncle Chris, also maybe a playdate with Ada and Lizzie (my sis's best friend from growing up). Bill is off to Syracuse for the Duke game (which we'll probably be watching as Uncle Chris is a Duke alum), then the All Star game on Sunday. It'll be my first time traveling alone with Mo but the train is really the BEST way to travel with a child so I'm not too concerned. Plus there will be Mango Lassi's for Mo once we get in, so maybe she's not too young for the art of bribing. Happy V-day y'all!

No comments :

Post a Comment