Tuesday, January 6, 2015

OMG 2015!

The last part of 2014 was a haze. For those that don't know, we had a non-stop few weeks of Christmas parties and then an emergency stay in the hospital for our little Mango, who had RSV. We closed out the year, thankfully, in Florida but as you can imagine the past month was a doozy and I'm more than ready to welcome in a brighter (and healthier!) 2015!
Taking a walk down Freeman's Alley after a delicious brunch
Having to take your child to the emergency room in the middle of the night is a particular kind of hell I wouldn't wish on anyone. Not to mention seeing them hurt, upset, unable to understand why they're being poked and prodded and you unable to communicate this is all happening to make them better. The feeling of complete helplessness as a parent combined with that animalistic instinct to jump in front of any doctor or nurse who steps near your child made for an overwhelming series of days but we are so grateful, and frankly pretty humbled, by all the support we received from family and friends. And while it's so scary, especially coming from a non-medical background, to just blindly nod our heads yes to every medical intervention the doctors and nurses threw at us, it got our girl better as fast as possible. My heart goes out to any parent that's spent any amount of time in the hospital with their child and I'm so grateful that despite everything, the doctors and (especially!) the nurses did everything to make all of us comfortable and fully comprehend the situation. With that said, I never want to see the inside of a pediatric ward or PICU ever again!
Making a visit to my office Holiday party before she got sick.


Nana Tricia made a surprise visit after we got out of the hospital to be Mom/Grandmother extraordinaire so Bill and I could go back to work.
It wouldn't be a visit to Florida without a Minnie Mouse. Mo is officially stocked on Minnie's now.

Pool "selfie". Another great thing about being in Florida... the weather!
And family selfie at a tapas restaurant in the Villages!
Otherwise, outside of a great Florida trip (which you can view pics of here if you haven't already seen them on facebook), Bill and I went to an Elton John concert on New Years eve in the Ion suite that was fun, if a little disconcerting to be out on the craziest night in NYC without having to worry about our Mango (who was staying at her Aunt Joanie's). Now we're just hunkering down for winter, trying to stay sane with the cold/snow and maybe a few other major projects on our plate. When I have time I'll update but until then, have a happy and safe New Year friends!

Keeping the tradition alive with King Crab legs on New Years!
A sleepy Mango just landed in Newark.
Our Christmas tree... not sure if I've already included a pic but who cares, it's pretty.
Creatively enjoying her Christmas present from Grandma & Grandpa McKinney
We've known each other for 9ish years this 2015! Here's to many many many more years of love.
Elton!
Soaking in our awesome view as much as possible.
Someone just got a koala AND is wearing koala pj's!

No comments :

Post a Comment