Monday, March 31, 2014

Mango at School

Overall we've been very please with Moira's school. I've mentioned before all the things that she does there, how small her class size is and how caring her teachers seem. The most important thing is that when I pick her up almost every time she's happy. Excited to see me but not anxious to leave. If one of her friends wanders over while I'm packing things up she won't hesitate to interact, and always has smiles for her teachers. It's that, more than the story and circle times, more than the visiting guitar guy, more than the one-on-one art that makes me so sure that this is the best place for her. I can't hear her say it but I know from her demeanor that she's happy, and that's all that matters.
St. Patricks Day!



Valentine's Day
"Olympic" Day- where you dress as your country of origin. We went with Ireland, since, well duh and also, I don't think we could pull off Peru with our little Mango
We should be hearing in the next few months about her wait-listed school. I'm in a precarious place right now with work, and working from home on a regular basis is something that's generally frowned upon here. But I hope to be able to come to some kind of understanding with my boss, and as a father himself as well as someone who I think genuinely wants to see that his employees are happy as well as productive (and understands how the 2 go hand-in-hand), he's already been very understanding when I've needed to be at home. So maybe, along with a few other things at work, something can be negotiated.
She already loves being read to (and the Highlights books are perfect size/weight for her to maneuver herself)


1 comment :