Tuesday, March 19, 2013

18 Weeks!

A quick magic trick to make your day more interesting. Here's me this morning from the front.
And now... from the side.
18 weeks on 3/19/13
Yea... I've popped, haha. Is this even considered a bump anymore? (Also- if you're on Instagram you should follow me! @alicia113). It is crazy what 1 week will do. Lately I've also been a bottomless pit too when it comes to food but have at least had some sensible cravings (tangerines, bananas, mangoes) though there are the occasional bad ones too (Ben & Jerry's, damn you and your delicious ice cream!). I've been feeling flutters more frequently lately but it's calmed down the past few days. 

B/Mango/Munchkin is the size of a sweet potato, about the length of a bell pepper. S/he can hear our voices so I love spending a few moments during the day talking to the baby. One of my favorite things Bill and I did this past weekend was just lay in bed and play B some tunes. I could definitely feel him/her wake up after a bit then. 

I also tried out prenatal yoga last week and it was a godsend! So calming and rejuvenating and ohmigosh my back felt so amazing afterwards. Just spending quality time with my little one too was special. The other Mama's were very nice, swapping different clothing recommendations afterwards and comparing pregnancies. I know I'll find my Mama network in my own sweet time but it was just so refreshing to see women being so supportive of one another (jaded New Yorker that I am).

AND... the big news this week! Bill and I are planning a (groan... trendy alert) Babymoon! For those not familiar, it's the latest craze where parent(s) take a relaxing vacation before the baby. Originally I had written this off as an unnecessary expense but I had lunch with another lower Manhattan Mama last week and she said it was a must. And with family all over the US I'm predicting the traveling that we will do after B will be mainly to visit them, so why not one last hurrah? And Bill was down. We're thinking the Caymen Islands, just a quick 4 day trip and I also get a discount through work (Cayman Islands is a client of ours) which is an added bonus! The bad news is that with the Upfront going on for Bill (though I still remember those days, haha) the weekend we can get away won't be until 4th of July, aka 33 weeks. 

I've been reading a lot about flying in the 3rd trimester though and most recent studies, and even airlines say it's best not to travel within the last 30 days, though some say it's fine within a week. I'm going to clear this with my doctor of course, and absolutely get travel insurance (and I've even checked out their hospital already too) so I'm feeling pretty confident- but of course who can say how I'll feel 15 weeks from now. Anyways, after my appointment this Friday- which Teresa will be attending!- I'll have more news on a yea or nay.

Upcoming Important Dates:
Tomorrow- Daycare Day! 
Friday- Doctor Appointment- just a regular 18 week check-up
3/28- 20 week anatomy scan at the hospital 

No comments :

Post a Comment