I'm 17 weeks today- or rather B (aka Mango, Munchkin) is. I snapped a couple quick bump pics before heading out into the rainy day. It's crazy how much things change literally overnight. I woke up this past weekend with a bump that could actually looked like a pregnancy bump, not just a beer gut. Also- thanks mostly to my neti pot- I'm feeling pretty amazing. Very little middle of the night waking, headaches are almost non-existent, and I can breathe! And this morning as I was putting myself together I just looked at my face for a moment and immediately thought that pregnancy suits me. I love my pregnant body at this point (though I'm sure come July and August I'll be totally over it) and just marvel over the little bump that's steadily getting bigger and bigger.
| That's the light hitting my hair, btw. Don't worry parents- I did not get any large tacky blond streaks put in. |
So what's new with B? Well s/he is the size of an onion and now weighs about 4-5 oz. B can start to hear us now and if I'm listening to a good song I'll usually play it again and hold the ear buds to my belly. S/he is practicing sucking and swallowing and every once in a while my stomach gets a flipping over feeling, usually in the evening. I'm excited for when Bill can feel the baby, he keeps asking what it feels like, though I'm not looking forward to rib or bladder jabs. B is also working on that adorable baby fat this week, which I guess explains why my stomach is all of a sudden bottomless it seems. Still, am trying to eat healthy and stay active, and am actually attending my first prenatal yoga class tonight.
| Taken this morning at 17 weeks exactly |
Bill and I also discussed it when I was first thinking about hiring one and he was interested in my takeaway after I met with them, so he's on board but deferring to me for decision making purposes. And since I've had lots of questions from Bill, family and friends I decided to include some great articles for anyone who's interested or curious.
What is a doula
Benefits of hiring a doula
A Dad's take on having a doula (hilarious!)- I Challenge You To A Doula
And his follow up, Doulas- Part Deux, had me dying laughing at my desk (though the parts I was laughing at probably won't be so funny when it's me they're happening to)
You are almost half way there,20 weeks! The last month is fun when the little foot decides stretch ,you can almost feel it. Not so fun thing is pressure on the bladder.
ReplyDeleteSo how did you like your yoga/baby class? Sounds like you have picked your doula,communication and trust are important. Want to hear more about them. Are they both from that area?
Yoga was amazing! I love it- and am sold on buying a package. I just felt like I was in a spa, being pampered, relaxing and connecting with my baby. It was also nice to be around other expecting Moms too... a lot of support and advice. All different pregnancy stages too- another 17 week-er like me, some late 20 weeks and even a 38 week-er! All in a quiet studio overlooking SoHo... it was just one of those quintessential New York sort of places. Even looked into some places for Mommy and Baby yoga last night too... would be a great way to help recover :)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so wonderful!
ReplyDelete