The holidays were an absolute blast. I've posted a few albums from Thanksgiving and the Christmas card photoshoot to Moira's Shutterfly site- if you aren't invited and want to be just let me know. Also... this happened.
![]() |
| I love this guy so much! (And it was his idea to do the kissy lips photo too) |
So yay- what a great start to what'll hopefully be a very momentous year. In further news, I'm helping to host my sister's baby shower in early March and at the end of that month we'll be heading to San Antonio for Easter. We'll also get to meet my parents new puppy!
This past weekend Mo had an epic day in the city, starting off with a farewell party at Alex's (my friend Gwen's son)- the family is moving back to Belgium. Then we grabbed lunch with Judith and Cora and proceeded from there to get manis at a local fantastic nail place Judith and I have been to before. Both Mo and Cora did great (and it helped that they use quick dry serum there) and seemed really into it. They actually both separately picked out the same color- coral pink, and were both pretty decided on their color- which surprised me since I thought for sure Mo would be picking out tons of colors. Then we ended the day with a mini group playdate at Cora's where Ollie (and Mom Deanne), Jaz (and Mom Melissa) and just Mom Erica came over.
In Mo news, she's very independent. In fact one of her favorite saying is "I DO IT". Another is "No way guys". But she is getting better at communicating, asking for help and letting us know how she feels. Last night she told me she was sad- presumably because the Minnie Bow Show episode is no longer on demand but it's really positive. She's super sweet though and very cuddly and I'm really making an effort to have one-on-one time and do special things with her to really appreciate this point in her life. She's also very social and directing to other kids, which is nice/interesting to see. She still is uncertain in new or overwhelming environments but does warm up quickly.
![]() |
| When we ride the carosel now she's the one leading the charge to the second level- such a big girl! |
Last week I took a few days off work to ease my transition back in 2016 and it was nice spending quality time with Mo. On Monday we went to the library for storytime, which she is still asking to go back, then on Wednesday we had a playdate at a new Mom friends' place nearby which was nice and very cute. I love that we've managed to make friends with some nice Moms nearby, but are still able to keep up with the good friendships we had with my city Mom friends too. And while I do miss the city a lot, after our whirlwind day this past Sunday there was nothing better than coming home to the space and peace and quiet solitude that is our suburban home.













No comments :
Post a Comment